Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: CDA suddenly sorting by column zero

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    253

    Default CDA suddenly sorting by column zero

    I'd written some sql to drive reports and sorted internal to the sql statement.

    Suddenly the order of the data has changed. It seems as though a default sort on column 0 has been added to CDA. I know of no <sort> tag for CDA, was this recently added?

    Or is this is change at a deeper component level?

    For example, I have 2 CCC line charts which have a series ordered by date, for instance every monday for the last month. So today I expect the order of the series appearing in the legend to be 2Oct2012, 25Sept2012, etc. 2Oct2012 is now appearing LAST.

    /pulls hair.

    Similarly when I populate a select, I union an 'ALL' at the top of the data list and append the ordered set of options, now for example, instead of ending up with 'ALL', 'AK','AL',etc, I'm getting 'AK','AL','ALL','AR'.

    Halp?

    Both of these dashboards worked fine prior to the latest CTools update.

    I use jndi hooked up to Oracle 11g with sql cda queries.
    Last edited by flamierd; 10-02-2012 at 03:23 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    253

    Default

    Well the CCC Line Chart queries make sense now that I've went a little deeper. I have no idea how to tell the join what order I want the data back in since it goes through Kettle. It has to sort and join, but apparently it does not enforce the natural order in which the data was passed?

    Anyone know how to specify a sort order in CDA other than an order by in the query? So far no luck in getting around this. My queries are correct, however Kettle appears to be performing some sort of final sort output and perhaps there was a datatable change in the returned json dataset to add sorting? I know there is a DEFAULT and then the natural order (commented out) in the configuration for CDA, I've tried both modes (natural order class and the DEFAULT) with no change (at least to my select component query).

    My next step would be to intercept the data object and apply sorting via jquery, but this doesn't seem like a great solution.
    Last edited by flamierd; 10-02-2012 at 11:35 AM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    253

    Default

    I've fixed the one issue. My query was NOT correct for the simple select. I'm working on figuring out why the other query is not working. Sorry.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    253

    Default

    Something has changed with 11g from 10g. I'm dreadfully sorry. Ignore post.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Privacy Policy | Legal Notices | Safe Harbor Privacy Policy

Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Hitachi Vantara Corporation. All Rights Reserved.