Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Sorting Day of Week in Analyzer

Default Sorting Day of Week in Analyzer

In analyzer I have a column called "Day of Week" (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc), and I'm trying to get it to sort correctly. I have only figured out how to sort it alphabetically (Friday, Monday, Saturday, etc) or in reverse.

Is there any way to sort it by day of week without appending numeric day of week to the beginning, ie. 0- Monday, 1- Tuesday, 2- Wednesday, ect?

I also have a column for numerical day of week and in my SQL datasource I order it asc, but that does not help the Day of Week field unless they are both displayed at the same time, I would prefer to not have to display the numeric field.

Thank you.

It needs to be defined in your cube definition.

In your level definition, you should be able to add element ordinalColumn= <name of numeric column>

I'm not using cubes, I'm just using MySQL tables, is this only possible using a cube?

If you are using Penatho Analyzer, then you're not using just MySQL tables... Pentaho Analyzer is a OLAP viewer - which indicates that it's got a Cube Definition.

Aww, I understand now. I didn't realize creating a SQL datasource would automatically create a cube for it, I was under the impression you had to do that through PDI. I figured out how to do it now, thank you for the help.