Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Member Name and &

Default Member Name and &

Hi,

I'm building a schema and I'm facing the problem between the member key and member name.

Assuming I have a dimension called Provider identified by provider_id and provider_name, I want to use provider_name or provider_id and get the provider name in both cases.

If I'm right, both sentences are correct:

select [provider].&[1] on rows ...

select [provider].[provider 1] on rows ...

I'm trying to do the same configuring the level as:

name-> Provider
    column-> column_id
    nameColumn -> column_name
    type-> integer
    leveltype-> Regular

With this I can do the second option but with the first option I get: "Mondrian Error:MDX object '[provider].[0]' not found in cube 'SERVICES'" while there's data.
    I also tried like [time].[month].[1] and i get the same error.

And also played with captionColumn attribute but no way.

What's wrong?

thanks
    Last edited by Bronson; 11-06-2012 at 01:26 PM.

I'll answer myself my silly question, when something is not working... try it tomorrow :-D

The attribute for the name is nameColumn but you must remember that the member name is case sensitive while levels and dimensions not ...

Hi again,

I'm having problems again with this issue. I could use the provider name or id to reference it in a mdx query and make it run but, I can't make it run with the month level of the time dimension.
    I configured exactly as I did it for provider and it doesn't work, for any reason mondrian is trying to use &[1] as month name instead of month id.

I've got year, month and day levels. I played with type and internaltype attributes, and namecolumn and captionColumn...

This is the xml for dimension time:

<Dimension type="TimeDimension" visible="true" highCardinality="false" name="DIM_TIME">
    <Hierarchy name="default" visible="true" hasAll="true">
    <Table name="DIM_TIME" schema="DW">
    </Table>
    <Level name="year" visible="true" column="year_id" type="Integer" uniqueMembers="true" levelType="TimeYears" hideMemberIf="Never">
    </Level>
    <Level name="month" visible="true" column="month_id" nameColumn="atr_month_name" type="Integer" internalType="int" uniqueMembers="false" levelType="TimeMonths" hideMemberIf="Never">
    </Level>
    <Level name="day" visible="true" column="time_id" type="Integer" uniqueMembers="false" levelType="TimeDays" hideMemberIf="Never">
    </Level>
    </Hierarchy>
    </Dimension>

Any idea? thanks in advance

Can you briefly show what your DIM_TIME table looks like?
    pdi-ce-4.4.0-stable
    Java 1.7 (64 bit)
    MySQL 5.6 (64 bit)
    Windows 7 (64 bit)

yes,

DIM_TIME looks like:

time_id |year_month_id| year_id| month_id| day |atr_month_name
    20080101| 200801 | 2008 | 1 |1 | January
    20080102| 200801 | 2008 | 1 |2 | January
    20080103| 200801 | 2008 | 1 |3 | January

Last edited by Bronson; 11-14-2012 at 04:24 AM.

Seems to me your <Dimension type="TimeDimension"...> element is missing the attribute foreignKey="time_id" and your <Level name="Day" visible="true" column="time_id" ...> element should have the column attribute set to "day" if that is indeed the column name of the date number in your database table.
    pdi-ce-4.4.0-stable
    Java 1.7 (64 bit)
    MySQL 5.6 (64 bit)
    Windows 7 (64 bit)

Hi,

I added the foreign key and changed the column in the level day but still not working.

I've been checking the mondrian logs and when I add the nameColumn then it uses this column in the Where sql clause, so it's like or I use the key column or the name but I can't use both. Is it like that with mondrian????

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Is it like that with mondrian????
    No. I usually find a schema error when I have that kind of trouble. I think your fact table and dimension table are not joining properly.

Looking back at your schema again, in the <Hierarchy name="default" visible="true" hasAll="true"> element I think you are also missing the primaryKey="time_id" attribute. Note that the foreignKey attribute in the Dimension element needs to be set to the corresponding date key column in your fact table. That may or may not be "time_id" depending on the structure of your fact table.

If you are still having trouble after make this change, please post a short sample of your fact table layout.
    pdi-ce-4.4.0-stable
    Java 1.7 (64 bit)
    MySQL 5.6 (64 bit)
    Windows 7 (64 bit)

Hi Darrell thanks for quick reply,

I'll post the time dimension exactly as it is (cause i'm using spanish I translated it in my previous post for better understand). You'll see I added the primaryKey in the hierarchy, and also the hour level. Thanks

<Dimension type="TimeDimension" visible="true" highCardinality="false" name="DIM_TIEMPO_CREA">
    <Hierarchy name="Default" visible="true" hasAll="true" primaryKey="ID_FECHA">
    <Table name="DIM_TIEMPO" schema="DW">
    </Table>
    <Level name="Anyos" visible="true" column="ID_ANYO" type="Integer" uniqueMembers="true" levelType="TimeYears" hideMemberIf="Never">
    </Level>
    <Level name="Meses" visible="true" column="ID_MES" nameColumn="ATR_NOMBRE_MES" type="Integer" internalType="int" uniqueMembers="false" levelType="TimeMonths" hideMemberIf="Never">
    </Level>
    <Level name="Dias" visible="true" column="ID_DIA" type="Integer" uniqueMembers="false" levelType="TimeDays" hideMemberIf="Never">
    </Level>
    <Level name="Hora" visible="true" column="ATR_HORA" type="String" uniqueMembers="false" levelType="TimeHours">
    </Level>
    </Hierarchy>
    </Dimension>

Name:  time_dimension.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  16.1 KB
    Last edited by Bronson; 11-16-2012 at 03:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    <Dimension type="TimeDimension" visible="true" highCardinality="false" name="DIM_TIEMPO_CREA">
    Your Dimension element still doesn't have the foreignKey="" attribute. It needs to be set to the name of the column in your fact table that contains the references to the ID_FECHA column in your time dimension table.
    pdi-ce-4.4.0-stable
    Java 1.7 (64 bit)
    MySQL 5.6 (64 bit)
    Windows 7 (64 bit)