Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Failed to load reportspec file from repository: test+report.waqr.xreportspec

Question Failed to load reportspec file from repository: test+report.waqr.xreportspec

Hello all,
    this is an interesting one.

I cannot 'edit' my web ad-hoc reports because it cannot load the xreportspec

further in the stack it simply says
    Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: [RapportsPersonnalises/test+report.waqr.xreportspec] can not be found or you do not have permission to access it.

I found out that there was something with special characters or simply 'spaces' in path or filename. If I have a simple path like /reports/test.waqr.xreportspec (and the rest of the report) it works fine.
    Also regardless of the path and filename, I can 'view' (execute) the report without no problem.

Any idea where to look for ?
    Runnning WAQR on Pentaho 4.5...

Edit --
    I just tried on a very fresh install out of sourceforge and same problem. Create a very simple report and name it 'New Report' and bang, here is the error message and no possibility of editing....
    This is uncool...

Edit 2
    If someone from Pentaho reads this : I understand that web ad-hoc query reporting is no longer supported but it gives me the mixed-feeling that it was broken (not on purpose) on its way making it unusable. It used to work I mean. :/
    Last edited by prof_weetos; 11-23-2012 at 04:02 PM.

Confirmed the above problem.
    Is there a point in creating a JIRA ticket for this?
    Or since it's not officially supported anymore, this won't be fixed anymore?

It sure is worth creating a case. If WAQR is broken, then chances are good that something else is broken too.
    I strongly suggest, however, to point that out in the case, or it will be shut down as 'WAQR is not supported'. So make it clear in the case that something else is likely broken too.
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

Quote Originally Posted by prof_weetos View Post

I cannot 'edit' my web ad-hoc reports because it cannot load the xreportspec

further in the stack it simply says
    Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: [RapportsPersonnalises/test+report.waqr.xreportspec] can not be found or you do not have permission to access it.

I found out that there was something with special characters or simply 'spaces' in path or filename. If I have a simple path like /reports/test.waqr.xreportspec (and the rest of the report) it works fine.
    We ran into this issue as well, and the following appears like it's a complete workaround:

1) Go to the repository directory, and rename all of the files for the relevant report to have '+' in their names instead of ' '.
    2) Open the {report}.xaction file, and change the filename in the <action-sequence><name> element as above.
    3) Also in the .xaction file, change the filename in the <resources><report-definition><solution-file><location> element as above.
    4) Refresh the solution repository.

This does only work with existing reports, I don't know of a way to automatically correct the filenames of new reports.
    Last edited by Marc G.; 02-19-2013 at 11:35 PM.