Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Kettle 4.4.0 stable has been posted to SourceForge.net

dmoran Guest

Exclamation Kettle 4.4.0 stable has been posted to SourceForge.net

Stable Builds of Pentaho Data Integration - Kettle version 4.4.0 including Big Data Components has been published on SourceForge.net and is available for download.

Please try it out, report bugs and give feedback.

Stable builds represent the final stage of development for a Community Edition (CE) release. The term stable refers to a version of software that has been through enough community testing to reasonably assume there are no showstopper problems, or at least that any problems are known and documented. If you are going to put a CE release into production, you will want to use a stable build.

CE builds are not supported by Pentaho. If you require support or enterprise features, Pentaho Enterprise Edition (EE) may be the right chioce for you. EE evaluation software may be downloaded from http://www.pentaho.com/download. Pentaho Enterprise Editions extend Pentaho's open source business intelligence (BI) capabilities with additional software and support designed to save your organization time and resources.

FYI - Also posted:

Pentaho BI Suite 4.8 Stable:
    https://forums.pentaho.com/showthread.php?p=326409

Pentaho Reporting engine and SDK 3.9.1 Stable:
    https://forums.pentaho.com/showthread.php?p=326418

Pentaho Analysis 3.5 - Mondrian, Schema Workbench and Agg Designer:
    https://forums.pentaho.com/showthread.php?p=326420

Doug
    Last edited by MattCasters; 05-21-2014 at 08:07 AM.

I download the ZIP file (CE version) and try to unzip while system prompt me for password from time to time - Where can I find this password?

This page needs to be updated, or a lot of people will miss the new release.

Quote Originally Posted by Tman View Post
    This page needs to be updated, or a lot of people will miss the new release.
    Indeed ... I missed it untill just now.
    An update to that page might be helpfull.

Jar

Hi all,
    i want to know what things to be done before upgrading pdi ...am i supposed to remove previous version first and then use new version ?
    Last edited by huny; 03-04-2013 at 02:45 AM.

Hi.
    You can unzip PDI in a different folder and use 2 versions at the same time, I believe.

Mick

i am facing problem with pdi-ce-4.4 ..when i test my db it throws exception whereas the connection is fine with pdi-ce-4.2

org.pentaho.di.core.exception.KettleDatabaseException:
    Error occured while trying to connect to the database

Exception while loading class
    oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

amdc Guest

Hello,

so does anyone knows where to get the password? or do i have to skip those files?

Thanks,

amdc

The Oracle JDBC driver can be found at Oracle's website.

amdc Guest

strange i tried to extract it into a different folder and it didnt prompt for the password

our workstations here are being upgraded to Windows 8, and a couple of friends have already migrated - they claim they can't run PDI. Running spoon.bat opens the cmd window briefly, like always, but after that nothing happens. Is there any known incompatibility between Windows 8 and PDI 4.4.0?
    Join us on IRC! =)

Twitter / Google+ / Timezone: BRT-BRST
    BI Server & PDI 5.4 / MS SQL 2012 / Learning CDE & CTools
    Windows 8 64-bit / Java 7 (jdk1.8.0_75)

Quote Originally Posted by gutlez
    PLEASE NOTE: No forum member is going to do your work for you. We will help you sort out how to do a specific part of the work, as best we can, in the timelines that our work will allow us.

I'm no expert.Take my comments at your own risk.

Not really a problem on Windows 8 but check if you installed Java.

Quote Originally Posted by MattCasters View Post
    Not really a problem on Windows 8 but check if you installed Java.
    yeah... I'm kinda sorry now, I asked before I even got a chance to take a look at the problem. Got there, the problem was that our support doesn't know how to set the env variables like JAVA_HOME. I had to manually edit spoon.bat so he could use it.
    Join us on IRC! =)

Twitter / Google+ / Timezone: BRT-BRST
    BI Server & PDI 5.4 / MS SQL 2012 / Learning CDE & CTools
    Windows 8 64-bit / Java 7 (jdk1.8.0_75)

Quote Originally Posted by gutlez
    PLEASE NOTE: No forum member is going to do your work for you. We will help you sort out how to do a specific part of the work, as best we can, in the timelines that our work will allow us.

I'm no expert.Take my comments at your own risk.

Hi, Matt:

Is it possible to install PDI star modeler plugin in PDI 4.4.0 stable? If so, where can I download it? I've read a post from Diethard Steiner (http://diethardsteiner.blogspot.com....1_archive.html) which suggests it's included in latest versions: 'Update: The Star Modeler was open sourced and is included in the latest versions of PDI/Kettle. Disregard the paragraph below.'

Unfortunately, I'm not being able to find it. I've been looking for it at Pentaho CI and at Pentaho SVN , but no luck either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Star Modeler will ship in the PDI 5 market place as a development version.

i was looking for some mor4e detail about for what the book is meant for and now with the issue of the edition i will get a good support to add more facts to my knowledge

Does this latest version include all the steps one would expect? I was looking for tableinput and can't see it in the steps list. Am I missing something, or perhaps a number of steps are yet to join us at this version level?

Table Input Step is definitely there!
    -- Mick --

Yeah - and NOW I'm looking like a complete dunce, for not remembering the difference between Jobs and Transformations. You are of course entirely correct - I'm an idiot. Thanks for checking!!

hi. i have a problem with my transform! please help me! i have not enough time to finish my proj.
    my email is vaziri.it@gmail.com

Default Could not download the Kettle 4.4.0 source code from sourceforge

Hi there,

I have tried many times to download the source code of 4.4.0 but always have error at the end. Could someone help to check and fix the problem? I am developing a Database Bulk Loader plug-in and need the source for debugging.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pent...8.zip/download

Thanks a lot!

There's version 5.01 available.
    If you build a plugin, I think it's probably better if you do it using the latest version:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/pent.../5.0.1-stable/
    -- Mick --

Quote Originally Posted by Mick_data View Post
    There's version 5.01 available.
    If you build a plugin, I think it's probably better if you do it using the latest version:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/pent.../5.0.1-stable/
    I could not download the 5.0.1 too. Also, I could not see a source code zip file of 5.0.1 for download. Actually I have tried to the source code file of many versions, but all were failed. Someone need to check. Thanks a lot!

Hi.
    I think that this post should be replaced with one reporting the link to PDI 5.01 and made sticky.
    -- Mick --