Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Integration with Cloudera Impala

Default Integration with Cloudera Impala

Hi,

I would like to know if Pentaho provides support to Cloudera Impala? I would like to perform ETL operations using IMPALA over the data stored in hive metastore.

Regards,
    Vijay Raajaa G S

I'm trying to do this as well. I've used the Imapla Demo VM (https://ccp.cloudera.com/display/SUP...Impala+Demo+VM) and then installed Pentaho BA 4.8. I have everything running but am unable to successfully connect. 'impalad' is running along with 'impala-state-store', Hive is also running. It's my understanding Pentaho connects to Impala using the Hive JDBC but with port 21000 instead of 10000. Currently receiving this error when attempting to connect: Error connecting to database: (uing class org.apache.hadoop.hive.jdbc.HiveDriver) org/apache/hadoop/hive/metastore/api/MetaException.

The Hive metastore service is running as well.

Hi,

I have the same problem that you. Finally, could you resolved this error (Error connecting to database: (uing class org.apache.hadoop.hive.jdbc.HiveDriver) org/apache/hadoop/hive/metastore/api/MetaException.)? If you could do this, could you tell me what jdbc and port you used?

Best regards

Quote Originally Posted by macasper6 View Post
    I'm trying to do this as well. I've used the Imapla Demo VM (https://ccp.cloudera.com/display/SUP...Impala+Demo+VM) and then installed Pentaho BA 4.8. I have everything running but am unable to successfully connect. 'impalad' is running along with 'impala-state-store', Hive is also running. It's my understanding Pentaho connects to Impala using the Hive JDBC but with port 21000 instead of 10000. Currently receiving this error when attempting to connect: Error connecting to database: (uing class org.apache.hadoop.hive.jdbc.HiveDriver) org/apache/hadoop/hive/metastore/api/MetaException.

The Hive metastore service is running as well.

I dont know why pentaho is not working fine these days? Is there any problem related to it..
    Last edited by LidiaSchreck; 05-20-2013 at 07:42 AM.
    check this link >>> Harbor Freight Coupon

dmoran Guest

We had to reincorporate changes that were submitted to Apache for JDBC driver that made it into their 0.7.0 branch but no 0.10.0 that Impala relies on. We should have a new shim and JDBC driver that you guys can try out in the next week.

Hi,
    I would like use impala also for Pentaho PDI but I guess cloudera first in April bring impala 1.0 release into use that's why they do not published any manual under that purpose.
    before impala pentaho integration I want to use pentaho BI solutions my hbase database on 4 cluster. can somebody advise me any recommended manual or tutorial under that purpose?

Regards,
    Onur Turna

Quote Originally Posted by dmoran View Post
    We had to reincorporate changes that were submitted to Apache for JDBC driver that made it into their 0.7.0 branch but no 0.10.0 that Impala relies on. We should have a new shim and JDBC driver that you guys can try out in the next week.
    Hi there!

Was this new new shim and JDBC driver for Impala ever released? If not, is it going to be any time soon? Thanks a lot! A.

would love to use impala for these segments for my pentaho. the entire ETL operations would be performed here on this things