Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Create PDF417 barcodes in BIRT

Default Create PDF417 barcodes in BIRT

I am not sure if I post my question in the right place. Please forgive me if not. I have look for the right place for a long time. What I what ask is that is there easy ways to generate PDF417 barcodes in BIRT. What I know now is to use a third party control like a BIRT barcode generator plugin. But is there other cheap ways to finish this job? Thank you all for your kindly replies!

You might actually have better luck posting about this in a BIRT specific forum. Once you figure out how to do it in BIRT, it should also work in pentaho once you get it working in BIRT. Two good birt forums are:

http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/
    http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/f/2/

Generator for Eclipse BIRT is a reliable barcode plugin for generating, printing high-quality linear, 2D barcode images including PDF417 in Eclipse BIRT Report through simple drag-n-drop, without using barcode fonts or third party tools.
    Supported settings include bar width, bar height, barcode width, barcode height, margins on all four sides (quiet zones), etc.

well, I googled your question and found there existed some free 1d barcode generatorfor birt,so maybe you should download some free birt software.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget1 View Post
    I am not sure if I post my question in the right place. Please forgive me if not. I have look for the right place for a long time. What I what ask is that is there easy ways to generate PDF417 barcodes in BIRT. What I know now is to use a third party control like a BIRT barcode generator plugin. But is there other cheap ways to finish this job? Thank you all for your kindly replies!
    I suggest you use a third party control like this. barcode creation can be very easy with a tool like this. As far as I know, there are no other easier ways to create barcodes than using a third party control. By the way, the site you mentioned is a good barcode solution site. Now I am using their C# barcode generator in ASP.NET and C# barcode generator for WinForms. You may read more useful passages there.

i think i can give you some advices, i don't know whether it can be helpful for your problem, just make it as reference. I use a barcode generator driver found on the internet . Install it and it becomes a selectable option.Then you can generate barcodes in many formats in any program at all, including Adobe Acrobat . Just open the sdk, select barcode, and choice a form you want, then you can generate barcode in c#, vb, sdp ,etc ,the task will be finished in several seconds. if you haven't found a good choice , you can have a try. best wishes.