Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: org.postgresql.util.psqlexception error subquery in from must have an alias

Angry org.postgresql.util.psqlexception error subquery in from must have an alias

While running a report in with view on that column efined in Mondrian cube , we are getting this error ???
    How to resolve this , It's wierd as it needs an alias for main sub query . how to do that ?????
    Sathish
    Back to Pentaho

'Be the best Pearl in the ocean of wisdom'

Please attach your cube. Postgres always needs the subqueries to have an alias name. Maybe you can tweak your cube so that you provide an alias explicitly.

Regards,
    Madhu

WFD_cube.xml Hi,

I have attached the cube. in vertical name alone we have used query . But this http://forums.pentaho.com/showthread...e9288forreview post says it is fixed. Also, in Pentaho 4.1 it works beautifully, but 4.8 ........
    Sathish
    Back to Pentaho

I ran into the same problem today creating an analysis against Greenplum with Pentaho 4.8. I created the data source using a SQL query. Error is
    Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: subquery in FROM must have an alias
    Hint: For example, FROM (SELECT ...) [AS] foo.
    Position: 22 at com.pentaho.analyzer.service.impl.AnalysisAreaManager.executeQuery(SourceFile:299) at com.pentaho.analyzer.report.ReportManagerImpl.parseAndExecuteMDX(SourceFile:298) at com.pentaho.analyzer.report.ReportManagerImpl.getCVResultSet(SourceFile:358) at com.pentaho.analyzer.report.ReportManagerImpl.runReport(SourceFile:122) at com.pentaho.analyzer.report.ReportManagerImpl.runReport(SourceFile:93) at com.pentaho.analyzer.report.ReportRequestService$c.bq(SourceFile:268) at com.pentaho.analyzer.report.ReportRequestService$c.call(SourceFile:258) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908) ... 1 more

Default Work Around

I found that if I create a table on the database that matches the query I used and then create the data source directly from the database table (not SQL) then I no longer get the error.

But how far we are going to create tables , say if there are n number of tables ?? It affects the performance and database data will become dump one
    Sathish
    Back to Pentaho

Would you mind attaching the full logs and the complete offending query?
    Luc Boudreau
    aka. Luc le Magnifique
    aka. Monsieur Oui Oui

Lead Engineer, Pentaho Corporation
    Web: http://devdonkey.blogspot.com
    Twitter: luclemagnifique
    IRC: Monsieur_Oui_Oui@freenode

Lightbulb

Yeah . np. attaching the logs.... This is the query DEBUG [mondrian.rolap.RolapUtil] SqlStatisticsProvider.getQueryCardinality: executing sql [select count(*) from (select distinct "FACT"."gradegroup" as "c0" from (Select

coalesce(f.wfdgradedescription,'UNKNOWN') AS "gradegroup",

row_number() over(order by SUM(f.headCount) DESC )

as "rownumber",

SUM(f.headCount) as "headcount"

FROM swfd01_vw.wfd_headcountsummary f

group by f.wfdgradedescription

order by SUM(f.headCount) DESC) as "FACT")], failed (org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: subquery in FROM must have an alias

Hint: For example, FROM (SELECT ...) [AS] foo.

Position: 22)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Sathish
    Back to Pentaho