Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Publish BIRT .rptdesign Files

Default Publish BIRT .rptdesign Files

I've used the BIRT pentaho metadata plugin to create some reports that I would like to publish to my Pentaho BI-Server. However, I don't see an option inside of the BIRT Report Designer to "Publish" a report to pentaho. I googled on this issue and found some instructions about how to manually place the .rptdesign files onto my pentaho bi-server. However, I would like to enable non-technical end users to upload/publish their .rptdesign files to my pentaho bi-server (without having to sftp files, etc...).

Is there a user friendly way to publish a BIRT report to a pentaho BI-Server?

Thanks!

Hi there,

BIRT is not a Pentaho project, therefore there is no way to publish BIRT reports to a pentaho server.
    You can run BIRT reports within the Pentaho User Console by following the instructions on my blog, but your users will have to put their .rptdesign files on a the Pentaho file repository.
    That shouldn't be too technical if set up correctly.
    Publishing from within BIRT is not impossible, but will require an extension to the default BIRT functionality, and that extension does not exist yet.

Regards,
    Bart

Thanks for the info. When I searched google on this issue, I didn't see an automated publish method either, but I wanted to make sure.