Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: QR Code

Default QR Code

Is it possible to generate a QR Code for use on a report?

No. So far, I have not found a single opensource java-library that produces QR code. There are commercial libraries available, but we cannot ship PRD with them.

If you are willing to write some glue-code scripts via a BeanShell- or BeanScriptFramework-Expression, you should be able to get those up and running as long as they produce either java.awt.Image objects or binary data containing PNG encoded image data.
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

Hi,

what about
    http://kenglxn.github.com/QRGen/
    or
    http://code.google.com/p/zxing/

They seem pretty much to do what they should do, although they seem not to be that active...

Cheers,

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by jwlewis View Post
    Is it possible to generate a QR Code for use on a report?
    Yes, of course. What kind of report do you want to create QR Code in? I employed a barcode tool to create QR Code in Crystal Report. If Crytal Report is your target, you may take a look.

A Crystal Report is not my target. I need QR Codes and other 2D barcodes (like PDF-417) for a Pentaho report.

Quote Originally Posted by jwlewis View Post
    A Crystal Report is not my target. I need QR Codes and other 2D barcodes (like PDF-417) for a Pentaho report.

why not try this QR code for Pentaho report? I think it is a good one for you, hope it helps,

it is possible to use sample code to geneate qr code in java to report. you just need the right barcode generator for java.

check this qr code generation sample codes

Talking QR Codes in Report

Quote Originally Posted by lucywill View Post
    it is possible to use sample code to generate qr code in java to report. you just need the right barcode generator for java.

check this qr code scanning sample codes

Have you tried that before? How's it going? I might have a try by myself. Thanks.
    Last edited by derek054; 06-02-2015 at 10:10 AM.