Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Problem Sharing Dashboard

Default Problem Sharing Dashboard

Hello,

I created a Dashboard with CDE, everything is running ok when i'm logged with my admin user.

Now, i'm trying to share the dashboard to another user. When I login with the new user and double click the shared Dashboard it shows me the message: "File not found: [/solution1/Dashboards/demo2.cdfde] can not be found or you do not have permission to access it." I already checked the file and it's there, inside the solution folder...

Please, someone could give any hint about that? I'm getting crazy with this problem.

Thank you very much!

Leandro Guimarães.

Setting permissions on the file might help (as indicated by the error message).
    Right click on the file and set the necessary permissions. Note that besides the dashboard itself, you should also grant execute access to the cda and at least read permissions to the folder where the dashboard is.

cheers
    Pedro Vale
    --
    CTools Product Development
    http://www.webdetails.pt

Hi Pedeo and Leandro

I just came across this error message too. Pedro, that file does not show up in PUC in order for me to share it. The file has, under Ubuntu, the same permissions as the CDA and WCDF files. How can I right-click a file in PUC that I cannot see?

Thanks (as always) for your help
    - Russell

you're right. you can't assign permissions to the cdfde, only the wcdf. But that should be enough.

Are there any other error messages in the logs ?
    Pedro Vale
    --
    CTools Product Development
    http://www.webdetails.pt

I've encountered the same problem myself. From catalina log: ERROR [DashboardDesignerContentGenerator] File not found: [/xxx/xxx/xxx.cdfde] can not be found or you do not have permission to access it.

Both cda and wcdf file has execute permissions on it.

--
    Vegard

I fixed it by resetting permissions in enterprise console.