Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Email Step [4.4.0] - Cached Fields?

Question Email Step [4.4.0] - Cached Fields?

Hello!

Tried looking around the search and couldn't pin-point someone who dealt with an issue I am having and wondering if I am just missing something.

I've got a transformation in which I send an email (http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/EAI/Mail_transformation) with attachment. Prior to the email transformation I have a set constants step which produces all the relevant information to send the email. This had been working for me up until a point where my users wanted to add an additional email address (I had 4 recipients prior).

I opened my constants, added the additional email and updated the subject line as well. All good right?

Well, to my surprise the subject line did not change nor did the email send to the additional addresses. The attachment I get still gets the most current attachment but the email is not updating its settings. I tried copying the transformation items to a newly renamed transformation and it still didnt fix the issue.

Is there something else I should be doing?

i experience this also, but slightly different. i had 4 receipent that should receive an email with an attachement with PRD Report from PRD Output step prior to email step succesfully created. But 1 or two of the receipent received 0 bytes attachement, still looking the solution for this almost 2 weeks, if 1 email receipent works perfect, but if it's more than 1, worries me...

Quote Originally Posted by paulnus View Post
    I opened my constants, added the additional email and updated the subject line as well. All good right?
    You are sending a single mail with a single file attached to a list of recipients?
    Wouldn't a Mail job entry be more adequate?

Quote Originally Posted by paulnus View Post
    Well, to my surprise the subject line did not change nor did the email send to the additional addresses.
    How can you tell, that the modified transformation was executed?
    I can't see how an updated subject line could fail to show up, when looking at the source code.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Quote Originally Posted by cool_uq View Post
    1 or two of the receipent received 0 bytes attachement
    If you send a mail using a recipient list and one of the recipients receives a mail with a different attachment size, you should ask the postmaster of the mail server for support.
    Looks like a mail distribution error, an error class you simply can't produce on the client side.
    But then, I wouldn't expect such an error from a widely adopted and professionally managed mail server.
    So, either this is a private mail server or your error description isn't precise enough.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.