Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Deploy biserver-ce 4.5 on JBoss and Oracle

Default Deploy biserver-ce 4.5 on JBoss and Oracle

Hi,

I'm trying to deploy Pentaho 4.5 on JBoss and Oracle using the procedure described in the Pentaho BA Server Manual Deployment Guide.

The first issue is that when I use the ant command offered by the guide the target is not recognized and no build is made:
    [root@rwteste biserver-manual-ce]# ant -Darchive.target=war-pentaho-jboss -Ddb=oracle10g
    Buildfile: /biserver-manual-ce/build.xml

BUILD SUCCESSFUL
    Total time: 2 seconds

I had to remove the -Darchive.target= to get it working:

[root@rwteste biserver-manual-ce]# ant war-pentaho-jboss -Ddb=oracle10g
    Buildfile: /biserver-manual-ce/build.xml

init:
    init-pentaho-wars:
    zip-pentaho-style-war:
    war-pentaho-jboss:
    BUILD SUCCESSFUL
    Total time: 5 seconds

But I'm not sure if it is discarding the db=oracle10g property too and this is the root cause of the problem.

At the end of the deployment process, when I try to startup JBoss I get this message from server.log:

2013-04-09 21:51:48,914 INFO [STDOUT] (main) 21:51:48,889 ERROR [SchemaUpdate] could not get database metadata
    java.sql.SQLException: socket creation error
    at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.sqlException(Unknown Source)
    at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcConnection.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver.getConnection(Unknown Source)
    at org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
    at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:582)
    at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:154)

As you can see it's using hsqldb driver at this point. But if I shutdown the Oracle instance that is serving as the Pentaho repository I receive this message instead:

2013-04-09 18:30:39,850 INFO [STDOUT] (main) 18:30:39,849 ERROR [JDBCExceptionReporter] ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
    ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist
    2013-04-09 18:30:44,518 INFO [STDOUT] (main) 18:30:44,518 ERROR [JDBCExceptionReporter] ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
    2013-04-09 18:30:44,577 INFO [STDOUT] (main) 18:30:44,519 ERROR [SchemaUpdate] could not get database metadata
    java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01034: ORACLE not available

at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:112)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:331)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:283)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:278)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoauthenticate.receiveOsesskey(T4CTTIoauthenticate.java:288)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.logon(T4CConnection.java:357)

This is expected because the database is offline. It seems that some database connections are correctly configured (due the second message) and some are not. But I could not identify which ones.

I don't know if somehow ant is building the WAR incorrectly because it is ignoring the property db=oracle10g.

This is what I've already checked:

1. Connection to the Oracle Server from the JBoss server using hibuser and quartz users is working.
    2. Files PentahoHibernate-ds.xml and quartz-ds.xml in /jboss/server/default/deploy and /jboss/server/default/deploy/pentaho.war/META-INF are correct.
    3. ojdbc14.jar is in /jboss/server/default/lib
    4. File /pentaho/server/biserver-ce/pentaho-solutions/system/applicationContext-spring-security-hibernate.properties is correct.
    5. File /pentaho/server/biserver-ce/pentaho-solutions/system/applicationContext-spring-security-jdbc.xml is correct.
    6. File /pentaho/server/biserver-ce/pentaho-solutions/system/hibernate/oracle10g.hibernate.cfg.xml is correct.
    7. File /pentaho/server/biserver-ce/pentaho-solutions/system/quartz/quartz.properties is correct.
    8. File quartz-1.5.2.jar is in /jboss/server/default/deploy/pentaho.war/WEB-INF/lib

Any help will be fully apreciated.

Tks,
    Edmar

Issue solved!

The file pentaho-solutions/system/hibernate/hibernate-settings.xml was still pointing to hsql. After all, the CE build does not affect the pentaho-solutions deployment and so the file has to be changed mannually to point to Oracle.

Tks,
    Edmar