Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Error executiong table input reading XML

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    183

    Default Error executiong table input reading XML

    Hi,
    I need to extract values from an XML field executing a query directly from an input table step. (I can't use the read XML step due to the high memory needed for the high amount of data)

    I noticed a strange behaviour... maybe due to the clause ";WITH XMLNAMESPACES(default, val)"

    In the table input step I'm able to see results from the preview button, but if I check the output field of the table input step, no field are shown.
    In the same way this kind of query causes me problems in a database join step.

    I'm using the geokettle 2.5.

    I attach an example of my transformation,

    Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by nko; 05-22-2013 at 11:36 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Any suggestion?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,534

    Default

    Looks like a T-SQL and not a Kettle problem.
    That leading semicolon is a copy&paste artifact and shouldn't be there.
    Did you validate the script in Enterprise Studio or another MS SQL client?
    Last edited by marabu; 06-05-2013 at 02:14 PM. Reason: typo
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Hi Marabu,
    I always have the same problem even if I delete the semicolon at the beginning of the SQL statement.

    I'm able to see the preview with and without the semicolon, but no output field are available by clicking "show output field" and of course for the next step to the considered one.

    Furthermore I tested exactly the same query on MS SQL client.

    Thanks,

    nico

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    183

    Default

    I need to solve this strange behaviour, any idea?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,534

    Default

    Test your Table Input step with a recent version of Kettle, if possible.
    If you find out your problem is gone, you will know it's related to Kettle 3.2 (GeoKettle 2.5).
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    183

    Default

    With kettle spoon 4.1.0 it works.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,534

    Default

    Now you should check the driver versions.
    Maybe Kettle 3.2 comes with a version that's not up-to-date.
    You could test with the current driver version, then, to see if the problem is with the driver or with the step.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Do you refer to the JDBC driver? ojdbc14.jar?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,534

    Default

    Looking out my window I say you are using jtds-1.2.2.jar with GeoKettle 2.5 and jtds-1.2.5.jar with Kettle 4.1.0.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    183

    Default

    You're right on the drivers version,
    I replaced the "jtds-1.2.2.jar" with the "jtds-1.2.5.jar" and the problem has been fixed!

    Thank you Marabu
    Last edited by nko; 05-27-2013 at 05:32 AM. Reason: wrong answare

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Privacy Policy | Legal Notices | Safe Harbor Privacy Policy

Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Hitachi Vantara Corporation. All Rights Reserved.