Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Specific listener not working in Bar chart in pentaho CDE

Default Specific listener not working in Bar chart in pentaho CDE

I have created a parameter whose value is changed through Dashboards.fireChange command. The parameter is set as a listener for the CCC bar chart component. During execution, when the parameter value gets changed, the bar chart component does not respond.
    Is this a bug with the bar chart component?
    I have simulated the same thing with the pie chart and bullet chart components also where it is working fine.
    Also, when the parameter value gets changed through the select component, then the bar chart gets refreshed.
    So, I guess the problem is with the use of Dashboards.fireChange with the bar chart component. Could you please put some light on the issue.

Hi vipin.goyal,
    I'm using the same method but it works. Have selector with 1 parameter and this one is listener and parameter for the bar chart. In firechange I'm setting second parameter which is used for the second graph (there are 2 listeners and 2 parameters). Maybe I didn't understand the question but I think you can not have listener as parameter which you are setting in the same bar chart component.

Best regards,
    timfu83

Hi timful83,

Thanks for the reply, here is the actual scenario :
    I have created 2 html tabs having div id #tab1 and #tab2 respectively. On click of any tab Dashboards.fireChange("par1",[tab_div_id]) is called to set a parameter named par1. And par1 is set as a listener to pie chart and bar chart both. When par1 value is #tab1 then both charts should be visible and when par1 value is #tab2 then both charts should hide.
    While execution, only pie chart toggle visibility on click of tabs.

Best regards,
    Vipin