Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: cst problem

Default cst problem

Hi, i need to install the cst tool but i have some problems.
    I have installed the lastest trial version of pentaho and i need to know the right code for the MantleSettings.properties.

num-startup-urls=1
    startup-url-1=/pentaho/content/pentaho-cdf/RenderXCDF?solution=CST&path=%2F&action=cst.xcdf&template=mantle
    startup-name-1=CST

I don't have this path into my installation folder and i can't understand which is the root of this path.After this i want to understand the mean of this:

<tab title="Pivot"><=!=[=C=D=A=T=A=[/pentaho/Pivot?solution=steel-wheels&path=analysis&action=analysis_customers.analysisview.xaction]=]=></tab>

Into the cdata keyword there is a path (which root?) followed by 3 parameters (solution,path,action). Action is the object but i can't understand solution and path. Can i have a working example? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Darbon; 05-24-2013 at 06:31 AM.

The /pentaho/content/pentaho-cdf is not a path, it's an URL - so if you enter http://localhost:8080 and then the rest of the url it will run a cdf dashboard (assuming your pentaho server is running on your machine and port 8080.

Solution and path parameters are used to identify the file/resource you want to open in the context of the Pentaho platform. they map to the structure on your solution repository (the tree on your left when you access the Pentaho User Console). Solution is the root folder and path is the path to the file you want to open.
    Pedro Vale
    --
    CTools Product Development
    http://www.webdetails.pt

Quote Originally Posted by pamval View Post
    The /pentaho/content/pentaho-cdf is not a path, it's an URL - so if you enter http://localhost:8080 and then the rest of the url it will run a cdf dashboard (assuming your pentaho server is running on your machine and port 8080.

Solution and path parameters are used to identify the file/resource you want to open in the context of the Pentaho platform. they map to the structure on your solution repository (the tree on your left when you access the Pentaho User Console). Solution is the root folder and path is the path to the file you want to open.
    Thanks,

Well i have followed these steps:

1-unpack and copy the "CST" (CST is the inner folder, not the root) folder into pentaho-solutions
    2-In C:\Program Files\pentaho\server\biserver-ee\tomcat\webapps\pentaho\WEB-INF\lib exist the file mantle-4.8.1-GA.jar. I have unpack it with winrar
    3- In mantle-4.8.1-GA\org\pentaho\mantle\server i have modified the file MantleSettings.properties with this:

#num-startup-urls=0
    #startup-url-1=/pentaho/welcome/welcome.html
    #startup-name-1=Welcome
    #startup-url-2=http://www.pentaho.com
    #startup-name-2=Pentaho Business Intelligence
    #startup-url-3=/pentaho/ViewAction?solution=samples&path=/reporting&action=JFree_Quad.xaction
    #startup-url-4=/pentaho/SampleDashboard

num-startup-urls=1
    startup-url-1=/pentaho/content/pentaho-cdf/RenderXCDF?solution=CST&path=%2F&action=cst.xcdf&template=mantle
    startup-name-1=CST

4- I have used winrar to repack and i have renamed the extension in .jar
    5-i have copied the jar into C:\Program Files\pentaho\server\biserver-ee\tomcat\webapps\pentaho\WEB-INF\lib
    6-I have modified the file cst-config.xml:
    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <cstConfig>
    <rule match="USER" pattern="false" value="joe">
    <tab title="Dashboard">/pentaho/PreviousHome</tab>
    </rule>
    </cstConfig>

Now if i start the BA server and run the user console (joe,password) i see the normal popup with the creation of new dashboards and analysis... don't work.

The left panel have a folder CST with the community startup tabs, if i run it i can see the right welcome dashboard.

From what you're describing, it seems the changes to the MantleSettings.properties are not being picked up by the pentaho server.

The jar name on step 4 was mantle-4.8.1-GA.jar as well, right?
    Are you sure the jar you got after step 4 has the same structure as the original and has replaced the original in WEB-INF/lib ?
    Pedro Vale
    --

The jar name on step 4 was mantle-4.8.1-GA.jar as well, right?
    right
    Are you sure the jar you got after step 4 has the same structure as the original
    sure
    and has replaced the original in WEB-INF/lib ?
    sure

Is it possible that is winrar the problem? A jar is a simply zipped folder.
    I have tried to change browser but nothing change.

Just tried this with pentaho 4.8 to make sure there wasn't some version specific behavior stopping cst from working.
    On my machine, everything worked as expected.

1. Unzipped the mantle jar (I'm on mac, so I moved to the web-inf/lib folder, then ran mkdir x, cd x, unzip ../mantle-4.8.0-stable.jar)
    2. Edited the MantleSettings.properties and left if like

show-explorer-view-on-startup=true
    show-advanced-features=false
    # startup urls (each displays in its own tab)
    num-startup-urls=1
    startup-name-1=CST
    startup-url-2=http://www.pentaho.com
    startup-name-2=Pentaho Business Intelligence
    startup-url-3=/pentaho/ViewAction?solution=samples&path=/reporting&action=JFree_Quad.xaction
    startup-url-4=/pentaho/SampleDashboard
    # plugin perspectives
    num-plugin-perspectives=0
    plugin-perspective-url-1=/pentaho/adhoc/waqr.html
    plugin-perspective-name-1=Ad hoc Reporting
    plugin-perspective-url-2=/pentaho/interactive-reporting/index.html
    plugin-perspective-name-2=Interactive Reporting
    # ui customization settings (if menu/toolbar are disabled, the logo panel is disabled automatically)
    show-menu-bar=true
    show-main-toolbar=true
    show-logo-panel=true
    show-theme-switcher=true
    user-console-revision=

#should the enter key to submit filechooser dialog (save, save as, open) be disabled?
    #turn to false if you need to use the enter key to choose multibyte characters from a dropdown
    submit-on-enter-key=true

So, I just changed the num-startup-urls to 1 and replaced the startup-url-1.

3. Zipped the whole thing again (so, in the same folder I ran zip -r ../mantle-4.8.0-stable.jar .)
    4. Copied the solution/CST folder to pentaho-solutions
    5. Restarted the server
    6. Logged in using joe/password and the three tabs specified in the default cst-config.xml folder appeared.

Not sure what could be wrong in your installation. I'd try to use something other than winrar to compress/uncompress the jars, but it's a long shot - shouldn't really be a problem.
    Pedro Vale
    --

solved! I can't create a jar file from a rar file but only from zip