Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Attach zip file to mail

Question Attach zip file to mail

I'm trying to send a bunch of generated logfiles via the mail step. I've read the documentation and some threads here and I understood that the file to be attached has to be added to the result set.

In the "Zipfile" step, I selected the files I want in the archive and on the "advanced" tab I checked "add Zip file to result".

The next step in my job is the "Mail" step (here I checked "Attach file(s) to message" on the "Attached Files"-tab), but no zipfile is attached. Is selecting the "add Zip file to result"option not enough? Do I have to do something else?

Thanks for an answer in advance!

Are you sending the email from a transformation or from a job? The steps are a bit different between the two.

I've had some weird behaviour with sending email in a job. Have you selected all the options in "Select File Type"? I think files added to result go in General, but try selecting them all and working backwards.

I wonder with sending email from a step, whether you just provide the file name/s and it'll zip them.

Thanks for the info. I am using the mail step in a job, will try to select the options.

Edit: Thanks, selecting "general" did the trick.
    Last edited by xanathon; 05-30-2013 at 06:10 AM.