Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Invalid number format for port number

Exclamation Invalid number format for port number

Hi.

I am seeing this message in the log of the kettle process in some of my transformations, but I can't figure where is coming from or why is being launched.
    2013/05/29 14:25:29 - org.pentaho.di.trans.steps.databaselookup.DatabaseLookupMeta@dbde45 - ERROR (version 4.0.1-stable, build 13826 from 2010-08-26 14.18.03 by buildguy) : Error connecting to database: (using class oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver)

2013/05/29 14:25:29 - org.pentaho.di.trans.steps.databaselookup.DatabaseLookupMeta@dbde45 - ERROR (version 4.0.1-stable, build 13826 from 2010-08-26 14.18.03 by buildguy) : Error de E/S: Invalid number format for port number

• The port is a parameter passed to the "initial" Job and should be passed to every transformation or job used in the process. I have reviewed (several times) them and I haven't been able to find a discrepancy. In every transformation or job, the same parameter is used.
    • The main job ends sucessfully.

Any idea what might cause it?.

Thanks in advance.

The messages are from a Database Lookup step targeting an Oracle database in one of your transformations.
    If you specified the port number as a named parameter of the parent job, make sure you have defined the parameter in each child job and transformation that needs access to this parameter.
    A job can end successfully and still have errors in one or more transformations.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Hi Marabu,
    I am also facing the same problem Does it holds true for all the parameters passed in a job? .I have a job with three transformations.I am using all the database connection values used in transformation to be passed as parameters. I have the values such as ${HOST},${PORT} in all the transformations but still I am getting the error when I execute the job through java.
    Please help.