Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Access input-coded database

Default Access input-coded database

Hi,

I need to get data from a few hundred access 2000 files (all the same structure), but these files are encoded. If I open one and use the encode/decode option I can save a new version of the file and access it with pentaho.

Obviously, I don't want to manually decode every file. Is there a way to connect pentaho to a coded access file? Or to batch decode every file in the folder?

I hope I'm clear!

Thanks!

Guillaume

You don't want to write a Java RC4 decoder to mimic the Decode action from the MS Access Toolbar, do you?
    If you have a commandline tool for batch decoding Access databases, you don't need Kettle for this, just a shell script.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Thank you for your answer. I was asking for the easiest way, hoping someone would point an obvious solution in pentaho that I might not know about. I guess the logical solution would be to write a script like you said, but to be honest, I had to look in wikipedia to know what a shell script is. Least you can say is I'm not a IT guy

I found a commandline tool for decoding of encoded Access databases, I think

MDB DeCryptor
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

The tool in working for one file at a time, but I don't see how I could use it for batch action appart from asking the developper (wich I did without an answer). I'll keep looking! Thanks