Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Problem using Date mask

Default Problem using Date mask

Hello,

I'm currently trying to get my data according to a specific format for my date column.

I tried to follow some topics saying that I should add a new "concept" in the concept editor and then add a property of "Mask for Number or Date" and finally applying it to my column.

Once done, when I get into the query editor, no changes appear, does anyone already get this issue ?

Thanks all

hello... this is Steve and I'm perusing computer science from Miami based technical insti8tution .. my study domain is database ..but still i 'm just in my first semester so can't resolved your query .. better you may go over we for solution .. the same discussion is of immense helpful to me get some additional knowledge transfer .. hope I'm in..

hi pentauser, the query editor results will not show you the new format. if you use the web adhoc reporting system and create a report with that time/date field on pentaho bi server then you will see the format you configured.

i did stumble upon this problem too just yesterday but now im confident it will show on reports with the right format

I'm suggesting it with my friends to have some thing helpful come out from it .. also looking over the web if anything supportive i get which has not happened yet .. there is one of my mentor is ready to discuss over the topic the other day so hopefully looking forward for a chance for a good ..