Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: PDI / Kettle Plugin for Quickbooks

Default PDI / Kettle Plugin for Quickbooks

Does anyone know of a plugin for Kettle to connect with Quickbooks?

thank you,

Carlos...

Why a special plugin?
    If your Quickbook installation is prepared for external access (QODBC) you should be able to use alle the database related steps.
    There is even SOAP access I read somewhere.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

thank you for your reply. No need for a special plugin like you said, assuming it's setup for access with the QODBC driver. that's what I'll do.

Carlos...

Dear Sir,

Can you help me to setup the ODBC to read the data from Quickbook ?
    I was setup but after that, i select data from ODBC connect and it fired the error like this: http://gyazo.com/dd9fe76ca15ee782505072c72e8cf0b0
    Error message is: "Unable to retrieve data information because of an erorr. Erorr getting views from schema [null]"
    And here is the connection info: http://gyazo.com/2dfe2a18c24c20ac28f8c30915b925c4

Thank you so much.
    Best regards

Thanh Truong

Dear Marabu,

Can you help me to solve the issue of QODBC when calling inside Pentaho Kettle ? I'm face with an issue : Error message is: "Unable to retrieve data information because of an erorr. Erorr getting views from schema [null]"
    when connect ODBC from kettle DI to QODBC driver.

Thank you so much.

Thanh.

You can use your ODBC Datasource with a different tool?
    In that case I would try with a full featured bridge driver.

Hello Marabu,

Thank you for your sugguestion, but this client just want to use Pentaho kettle to connect to QB, may be i use a link database in sql server and call in ODBC.
    Did you have a change to connect to QODBC in kettle ?

Best regards
    Thanh

Sorry, but all I can say is:
    If you want to connect Kettle to QuickBooks, play by the rules and use a JDBC driver.
    If QuickBooks doesn't have a JDBC driver, try ODBC, which on the Kettle side is the abandoned Sun JDBC-ODBC bridge driver.
    If you don't succeed with the Sun bridge driver, use a modern third party bridge driver.

Configuring QuickBooks as a linked server in MSSQL and accessing as views via MS JDBC driver might work, but is no solution I would accept on a regular basis.

Default Is it got resolved?

Hi Thanh,

I would like to know whether you was able to connect the QuickBooks through Pentaho. I need to connect the QuickBooks data through Pentaho for ETL process. Please let me know if you able to connect it and how?.

Thank in Advance
    Raja

Hi All,
    I can connect the QuickBooks DSN (QuickBooks Data 64-Bit QRemote) through Pentaho using the Java 7, and the connection is succeeded. However, When I try view the data from QuickBooks through Pentaho spoon, Its not producing anything. Getting the following error " [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver does not support this function" .
    Please help me to get out from this problem.

And if anyone know how to connect the QuickBooks data through spoon, Please let me know .