Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Enterprise Repository Question

Default Enterprise Repository Question

I feel stupid for even ASKING this question, but my googling does not find what I am looking for. I'm using PDI 4.4.1, with an Enterprise Repository (connected to DISERVER, default port 908)

Anyway, the repo works great. It keeps a history of all of my changes, and I can go back to previous versions any time I want. ALl of the features work perfectly. My question is: "where is the actual data of that repository stored? is it in a database I don't know about? Is it on the server's file system in some cryptic way that I can not find?"

• I ask partially for academic reasons -- I really woudl like to be able to inspect it.
    • But also because I want to be able to have a backup of it. Currently, I export the entire repository (and end up with a ton of XML files) and offload that file to a safe server. But I would also like to set something up to backup that repository automatically every day

Who knows the magic sauce behind where the Pentaho Enterprise Repository actually lives??

Thx!

Hi,

usually the EE repo is a local MySQL-Server instance

Cheers,

Tom

That was true in the prior version of Pentaho (4.4). But in 4.8, it is (I think) Pentaho. (I am a MySQL DBA, and I can tell you for sure that mysql is not running on my server!)

So if it IS in Postgres, where? I poked through the databases and saw nothing obvious. If I even knew what database it was in, that would be good enough! I just want know know what to back up! ;-)

Are you running on Windows or Linux-based system?
    Anyway I would then try to locate the program which serves the DISERVER-Port, navigate to this directory and have a closer look then

MySQL, PostgreSQL?

I always thought it is H2
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

It's actually a Jackrabbit repository stored in a H2 in version 4 or (by default, others are possible) PostgreSQL for version 5.

data-integration-server/pentaho-solutions/system/jackrabbit/

It's always best to ask Pentaho support for documentation, best practices for backing up and so on.