Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: PDI Analyzer Export to PDF

Default PDI Analyzer Export to PDF

Hi,

I have two issues when using the PDI Analyzer when I export to PDF either the Table Format or the Chart. Neither display on the screen only what appears to be a broken link.
    For the Table Format when I cut and paste the properties URL on a browser, the PDF is there and renders on the browser ok.
    For the Chart when I cut & paste the properties URL on a browser, the message 'Failed to Load PDF document' renders on the browser.

thank you for your help,

Carlos...

Name:  PDI_Analyzer_PDF.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  21.1 KB

I believe those features are available in the BA server, enterprise edition, not the free version.

Thank you for your reply. On a similar track, and before I try chasing it down. Is the same true for the drillthrough links enabled in the Kettle Analyzer? When I enable them in the 'report options' all I get is a blank window when I click on the link.

Is there a good resource to tell what's available on the CE edition vs the EE edition? I'm using Kettle Spoon 4.4.0 BI-server 4.8.0 and report designer 4.9.1

I seem to be spending a bit of time getting things to work, thinking it's meant to.

thanks a lot,

Carlos...

Agile BI is only meant for validating that your ETL has run OK. It's not at all meant as a replacement of a complete BI tool.
    The Agile BI plugin itself is open source. However full featured Analyzer is only available through an enterprise edition subscription. Analyzer in Agile BI is only partly integrated and what you see is what you get.

HTH,

Matt

Thank you Matt,

I totally understand about Agile BI and didn't expect it to be the BI solution. I do indeed see this a very useful tool to visualize the data that's being worked on as part of data exploratory analysis, data auditing, & ETL.
    As it may be of interest to anyone that may read this thread, I did get it to drill through and also export to PDF the pivot data view (not the chart). I first got the URL of the Analyzer view, opened a browser, pasted this URL which opened the same view as within Kettle Visualizer, from here drill through works fine with the link to download to CSV. and so does export to PDF work. The graph still doesn't export but is not important since as you said it's not meant for BI.

thanks again,

Carlos...