Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: IE CDF/CDE/Ctools rendering issues

Default IE CDF/CDE/Ctools rendering issues

Hi

I did an install using the latest pentaho-ce (biserver-ce-4.8.0-stable) and ctools.

The cdf samples cannot be rendered in IE8 or IE9. No issues with Firefox.

I read similar postings were people had the same issues, but can’t find a clear and consistent solution/work around.

In IE 9, the console error is listed below. Could anyone please redirect me to a fix or advise to a workaround. I’m a newbie to pentaho/ctools.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    adaguann

SCRIPT1028: Expected identifier, string or number
    scripts.js?version=c8304c486e1db3a99c506d0e07b700dd, line 6364 character 1686
    SCRIPT5007: The value of the property '$' is null or undefined, not a Function object
    RenderXCDF?solution=plugin-samples&path=%2Fpentaho-cdf_test%2F20-samples%2Fhome_dashboard&action=home_dashboard.xcdf&template=mantle, line 56 character 13
    SCRIPT5007: The value of the property '$' is null or undefined, not a Function object
    RenderXCDF?solution=plugin-samples&path=%2Fpentaho-cdf_test%2F20-samples%2Fhome_dashboard&action=home_dashboard.xcdf&template=mantle, line 80 character 13
    SCRIPT5009: 'Dashboards' is undefined
    RenderXCDF?solution=plugin-samples&path=%2Fpentaho-cdf_test%2F20-samples%2Fhome_dashboard&action=home_dashboard.xcdf&template=mantle, line 126 character 3
    RenderXCDF?solution=plugin-samples&path=%2Fpentaho-cdf_test%2F20-samples%2Fhome_dashboard&action=home_dashboard.xcdf&template=mantle, line 149 character 3
    RenderXCDF?solution=plugin-samples&path=%2Fpentaho-cdf_test%2F20-samples%2Fhome_dashboard&action=home_dashboard.xcdf&template=mantle, line 277 character 2

There might be a bug there, since most of our developers don't use IE for development or testing, but it's supposed to work- the dashboards must render in IE8 and 9.

Did you update CDF or are you using the bundled version that comes with pentaho 4.8?
    Pedro Vale
    --
    CTools Product Development
    http://www.webdetails.pt

Quote Originally Posted by pamval View Post
    There might be a bug there, since most of our developers don't use IE for development or testing, but it's supposed to work- the dashboards must render in IE8 and 9.

Did you update CDF or are you using the bundled version that comes with pentaho 4.8?
    pamval,

Thanks for the response.

I updated the individual components (CDF, CDE, CDA) via jar files from http://www.webdetails.pt/ .

Regards,
    adaguann

We've been working lately on extending support for IE - most of those changes haven't made it to the stable release yet. Would you care to try the TRUNK-SNAPSHOT versions of the ctools?

You can install them using the marketplace plugin from PUC. Install CDF, CDE and CDA and give it a shot.
    Pedro Vale
    --

Pedro,

Thank you for your quick reponse. I will try your suggestion and provide feedback.

On another issue, I'm sending an email to learn@webdetails.pt.

Regards,
    adaguann

Hi Pedro,

The latest build has better support for IE9. Still some issues, but it's getting there.

Regards,
    adaguann

Quote Originally Posted by adaguann View Post
    Pedro,

Thank you for your quick reponse. I will try your suggestion and provide feedback.

On another issue, I'm sending an email to learn@webdetails.pt.

Regards,
    adaguann

I had the same problem, but "upgrading" CDE/CDF to the dev branch fixed the problem ( -b dev with ctools-installer.sh )

I am having this same issue in IE9 using CST to open links at login, I noticed that if I add the debug parameter to the CST URL does allow the solution to work in IE and can be used as a work around.
    Is support for IE9 in the latest stable version of the CDF, if not what is the estimated time frame for these fixes to be moved to a stable version.

All the IE fixes have been merged to the latest stable releases.
    Pedro Vale
    --