Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Configurable Excel Output - Best Practice?

Default Configurable Excel Output - Best Practice?

Hello Community!

I want to be able to export the result of a MDX query as a Excel sheet. I know how to do with CDA and also with a Pentaho Report Viewer.
    But I want to be able to configure the generated Excel file. Like defining Column Headers, adding a Logo and stuff like that.
    Is it possible to define for a report for example to only export the textual data and not the whole report? Or to configure the CDA output?

Thanks & Regards

Unhappy

Just saw that CDA 12.09.05 should support usage of Excel Templates. I think this would be the way to go but I can't find any documentation

EDIT: So pedrovale from pentaho IRC chat could help me out:
    Besides using outputType=xls add the settingtemplateName parameter to the query. as value give the path&name of your xls template, starting from /pentaho-solution/ .
    So your URL should look like this: http://localhost:8080/pentaho/content/cda/doQuery?solution=cda&path=&file=my_sample.cda&dataAccessId=1&settingtemplateName=my_template.xls&outputType=xls
    Make sure to use a xls file from MS Excel, using Open Office Documents gave me some trouble, probably because of the encoding...
    If you did right the output of the CDA query will be appended to the template file and returned to you.
    Last edited by Heisenberg; 06-14-2013 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Found a solution on my own