Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Calling webservices in pentaho

Default Calling webservices in pentaho

Hi gurus,

I am new to pentaho. Currently we have requirement in our project to call webservices and publish the results to oracle table. Below is the detail requirement:

we are getting State,Zipcode details as csv format from source. Now we need to populate the longitude, latitude details using webservices corresponding to that state, city and store it in table.

I tried to understand the existing transformation in sample folder but is giving me error.

This is urgent requirement. Please help.

Thanks in advance.

About a year ago, I tried to geocode addresses with a web service, and it worked, but we never implemented it. I checked the attached sample transformation, and it still works for me, so it might help you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

We use an internal Webservice to read BLOB stored data from our application databases, by sending calls in a 'Web services lookup' It is an ASMX style service with a single repeating element. Works quite well.. If you need an example, then let me know..

HI,

Please share the example.

Hi Robj,

Thanks for sharing example.

While running i am getting below error...unknownhost maps.googleapis.com

Please let me know if any setting needs to be done for resolving this issue.

Check if you can ping maps.googleapis.com from your Pentaho-Machine.
    I assume your machine is not able to resolve the hostname or cannot access internet...

I am not able to ping maps.googleapis.com but i can access internet. can please suggest if any changes needs to be done.

Check with your network-admins