Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Spoon Throws JAXBContext error when connecting to remote Linux repository

Default Spoon Throws JAXBContext error when connecting to remote Linux repository

I am running Kettle - Spoon 4.3.0-GA using Java JDK 1.7.0_25 on a Windows 7 machine.

I have copied over a repositories.xml file from another WinXP SP3 machine's installation of Kettle - Spoon 4.2.1-GA that runs on Java 1.6.0_25

When I try to connect to one of the Linux repositories defined in the copied repositories.xml file, I get an error "Repository login failed - Unable to create JAXBContext".

Connecting to the same Linux repository works fine on the WinXP machine using the same login credentials.
    Connecting to a SQL Server based repository on the Win7 machine works fine as well.

What should I be looking for in the Win7 machine's config to fix the error? Is it in the Java, the Spoon config or even the Linux repository itself?

Stack Trace below
    Code:
    org.pentaho.di.core.exception.KettleException: 
    javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: Unable to create JAXBContext
    Unable to create JAXBContext

at org.pentaho.di.repository.pur.PurRepository.connect(SourceFile:337)
        at org.pentaho.di.ui.repository.RepositoriesHelper.loginToRepository(RepositoriesHelper.java:251)
        at org.pentaho.di.ui.repository.controllers.RepositoriesController$3.run(RepositoriesController.java:215)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)
    Caused by: javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: Unable to create JAXBContext
        at com.sun.xml.ws.model.AbstractSEIModelImpl.createJAXBContext(AbstractSEIModelImpl.java:166)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.model.AbstractSEIModelImpl.postProcess(AbstractSEIModelImpl.java:94)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.model.RuntimeModeler.buildRuntimeModel(RuntimeModeler.java:258)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.client.WSServiceDelegate.createSEIPortInfo(WSServiceDelegate.java:661)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.client.WSServiceDelegate.addSEI(WSServiceDelegate.java:649)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.client.WSServiceDelegate.getPort(WSServiceDelegate.java:343)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.client.WSServiceDelegate.getPort(WSServiceDelegate.java:326)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.client.WSServiceDelegate.getPort(WSServiceDelegate.java:364)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.client.WSServiceDelegate.getPort(WSServiceDelegate.java:368)
        at javax.xml.ws.Service.getPort(Service.java:188)
        at org.pentaho.di.repository.pur.j.a(SourceFile:66)
        at org.pentaho.di.repository.pur.PurRepository.connect(SourceFile:290)
        ... 3 more
    Caused by: java.security.PrivilegedActionException: com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.IllegalAnnotationsException: 1 counts of IllegalAnnotationExceptions
    java.lang.StackTraceElement does not have a no-arg default constructor.
        this problem is related to the following location:
            at java.lang.StackTraceElement
            at public java.lang.StackTraceElement[] java.lang.Throwable.getStackTrace()
            at java.lang.Throwable
            at public java.lang.Throwable[] com.pentaho.pdi.ws.jaxws.RepositorySyncExceptionBean.suppressed
            at com.pentaho.pdi.ws.jaxws.RepositorySyncExceptionBean

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.model.AbstractSEIModelImpl.createJAXBContext(AbstractSEIModelImpl.java:153)
        ... 14 more
    Caused by: com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.IllegalAnnotationsException: 1 counts of IllegalAnnotationExceptions
    java.lang.StackTraceElement does not have a no-arg default constructor.
        this problem is related to the following location:
            at java.lang.StackTraceElement
            at public java.lang.StackTraceElement[] java.lang.Throwable.getStackTrace()
            at java.lang.Throwable
            at public java.lang.Throwable[] com.pentaho.pdi.ws.jaxws.RepositorySyncExceptionBean.suppressed
            at com.pentaho.pdi.ws.jaxws.RepositorySyncExceptionBean

at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.IllegalAnnotationsException$Builder.check(IllegalAnnotationsException.java:102)
        at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.JAXBContextImpl.getTypeInfoSet(JAXBContextImpl.java:472)
        at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.JAXBContextImpl.<init>(JAXBContextImpl.java:302)
        at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.JAXBContextImpl$JAXBContextBuilder.build(JAXBContextImpl.java:1140)
        at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.ContextFactory.createContext(ContextFactory.java:154)
        at com.sun.xml.bind.api.JAXBRIContext.newInstance(JAXBRIContext.java:106)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.developer.JAXBContextFactory$1.createJAXBContext(JAXBContextFactory.java:109)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.model.AbstractSEIModelImpl$1.run(AbstractSEIModelImpl.java:161)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.model.AbstractSEIModelImpl$1.run(AbstractSEIModelImpl.java:154)
        ... 16 more
    Thanks for any help you can give.
    Last edited by EvanYates; 06-27-2013 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Added Thank You

Hi,

I am also having the same issue. Did you get it resolved? Thanks.

Hi,

The problem is due the the use of java 1.7.XX

I faced the same problem and i solved it by running Kettle with the 1.6.0_18 java version (i also used the java provided by pentaho entreprise edition installation witch is a 1.6.0_18)