Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Scheduler.xaction file in CDA actions directory exection failed

Default Scheduler.xaction file in CDA actions directory exection failed

hi all, im posting this about an xaction file here because i just installed the CDA plugin and saiku-reporting on my pentaho server and i get this message a lot when i try to boot the server, and the only scheduler.xaction file on it is in system/CDA/actions folder. so what's wrong with it, why does it fail ? and do i have to worry ?

this is the log detail i get on the console
    Code:
    10:51:08,775 ERROR [SolutionEngine] 41d4c835-dfd8-11e2-9dbf-e7dfdd6ae001:SOLUTION-ENGINE:scheduler.xaction: Action Seque
    nce execution failed, see details below
    | Error Time: vendredi 28 juin 2013 10 h 51 WEST
    | Session ID: scheduler.xaction
    | Instance Id: 41d4c835-dfd8-11e2-9dbf-e7dfdd6ae001
    | Action Sequence: scheduler.xaction
    | Execution Stack:
    EXECUTING ACTION: Scheduler (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.PojoComponent)
    | Action Class: org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.PojoComponent
    | Action Desc: Scheduler
    | Loop Index (1-based): 0
    Stack Trace:org.pentaho.platform.api.engine.ActionExecutionException: RuntimeContext.ERROR_0017 - [fr_18] Activity faile
    d to execute
            at org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext.executeComponent(RuntimeContext.java:1325)
            at org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext.executeAction(RuntimeContext.java:1262)
            at org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext.performActions(RuntimeContext.java:1161)
            at org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext.executeLoop(RuntimeContext.java:1105)
            at org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext.executeSequence(RuntimeContext.java:987)
            at org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext.executeSequence(RuntimeContext.java:897)
            at org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine.executeInternal(SolutionEngine.java:399)
            at org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine.execute(SolutionEngine.java:317)
            at org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine.execute(SolutionEngine.java:193)
            at org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.BaseRequestHandler.handleActionRequest(BaseRequestHandler.java:159)
            at org.pentaho.platform.scheduler.QuartzExecute.execute(QuartzExecute.java:198)
            at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:203)
            at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:520)
    and here is the content of the scheduler.xaction file
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <action-sequence>
      <title>CDA Query Scheduler Action</title>
      <version>0.1</version>
      <logging-level>INFO</logging-level>
      <documentation>
        <author>Webdetails</author>
        <description>CDA Scheduler</description>
        <icon>/style/icons/jfree1.png</icon>
        <help/>
        <result-type>report</result-type>
      </documentation>
      <actions>
        <action-definition>
          <action-name>Send email with report in body and in attachment</action-name>
          <component-name>org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.PojoComponent</component-name>
          <action-type>Scheduler</action-type>
          <action-inputs/>
          <component-definition>
            <class>CdaScheduler</class>
          </component-definition>
        </action-definition>
      </actions>
    </action-sequence>
    in fact there is two files in that directory backupScheduler.xaction and scheduler.xaction and the on the administration console its the backupscheduler.xaction that is programmed to fire in +1 day by CDA group after i use saiku reporting wich rely on CDA even if i dont instruct it to schedul anything

thank you for your insights

You don't have to worry.

There's a bug in this scheduler action in some scenarios (when you don't have anything on the CDA schedule or similar). It does not affect system behavior.
    Pedro Vale
    --
    CTools Product Development
    http://www.webdetails.pt

thank you pamval