Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Saving Dashboard on other location than Steel Wheels directory

Default Saving Dashboard on other location than Steel Wheels directory

Hi All,

I am using Pentaho User Console for dashboard creation.
    By default, Pentaho provides Steel Wheels directory for saving dashboard. I would like to use some other drive such as C or D for my dashboard to be saved.

Can we do it?

Regards,
    Sneha

By default , All the Dashboards that are created at PUC can store only in BI solutions.(pentaho-solutions) directory .

Thanks,
    Surya

Thanks Surya.

Can we not change the location as URL includes steel wheels directory whihc does not seem suitable for security purposes.

Regards,
    Sneha

i hope i didn't get you ,
    but i can give u an idea to achieve , if my understanding is correct .
    Pentaho provides enough security.
    Create a new folder parallel to steel wheels in your solution directory .

Ex:-
    Steel wheels
    Dashboards --- give admin permission to this dashboard folder. only user's having admin permission can view/access this dashboard folder .

This does the trick than saving in other Drives .

Thanks,
    Surya

Surya,

Thats a good idea you have suggested to create a folder parallel to Steel Wheels.

I created a folder as you suggested and I am using joe user name credentials for dashboard and analyzer reports development. Joe is already an admin user.
    Not the prblem is when i try to save my dashboard by saving "Save As" it shows only "Steel Wheels" folder to me and not any other.

PLease suggest how can i get this corrected.

Thanks.
    Sneha

I m not sure, why this is showing only Steel Wheels folder all the time for u,
    I created a new dashboard and this shows all the folders when i use "save As " button.How did u created your new folder,From PUC (user console ) or through back end , if u are using through backend(file system manual creation ) please make sure that visible property is set to true <visible>true</visible> in Ur index file in new Folder . Please check do ur new folder appears in PUC .

Thanks,
    Surya

Hi Surya,

I am using Enterprise Edition (trial version) and User Console. I created folder thru back end.
    But as you suggested, I copied index files in my new folder and after refreshing server, I am able to see the new folder in Save As option.

Thanks for you help.

Regards,
    Sneha

did you copy over to the new folder the index.properties and edit the contents with the name of your new folder?

Yes Daniel.
    I copied index files to the new folder and edited the name of the folder in that index file. And it started working.

Regards,
    Sneha