Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: How a admin can view all the data, while other user can only view their data.

Default How a admin can view all the data, while other user can only view their data.

Hello All,
    Suppose I have a group of roles A. Admin and B. College
    In admin and College roles there are lots of users.

My requirement is to make a report using env:username and env:roles and publish it to BI server and when a Admin user logged in he should be able to view the data of all colleges but if a college logged in he should be able to view also his belonging data.

I have tried it by env:username via this query:-

select UserName,UserID,MU.UserTypeID,LoginID
    from master_user MU
    inner join Master_UserType MUT on MUT.UserTypeID=MU.UserTypeID
    where UserName= ${username}

Note:- ${username} is a env:username parameter

But after publishing it, if admin A logged in he only will be able to view his data.

Please help in this regards. as I am stucked in it for the last 3 days.
    If you want more clarification of question ask me.

Hello All,
    I am able to create new user from administration Console , but i am not able to give access to users for any reports developed to that user .
    Please provide the steps or any guide for this issue.

Thanks,
    Hitesh

To give access you have to share that particular report to that user. for that you have to first log in to BI server PUC as a administrator i.e. ''joe'' and then right click on that report and then click on share, after that a new window will be prompt then go to share tab and select the user u want to give access to that report and after selecting the user select the rights u want to give to that user for your report. and then log off from PUC and log in as the User u gave permission.

Thanks,
    Rahul