Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Blank columns values in report

Default Blank columns values in report

Hi,

I have a strange problem regarding Pentaho Report designer. I created a model in Metadata and use this as source in my report. In model I connect to Cloudera Impala which offers real time queries on Hadoop (Data Direct ODBC driver). When I preview results in Metadata editor i get back results: Name:  MetadataQuery.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  25.5 KB.

When I use this model as source in Report designer and preview the query I get the column name (and the number of records also because there are 6 white cells where the results should be) but I don't see the records Name:  ReportDesignerQuery.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  22.5 KB

Any ideas?

no i have no idea towards what is the problem causing the same yet you may better utilize the web resources to get an apt clue into the same

The same "error" happens in user console in Dashboard designer and in Interactive report. But the real deal is that when I use numeric values I can see them Name:  NumbersWorkOk.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  27.4 KB. Ignore currently that they are small e-57 or something like that, but are visible..

I just checked in Metadata Editor and there string and number fields are OK presented (the small numbers are rounded to 0 to tell the truth).. ..I gotta check what we have on Hadoop and how everything is mapped..