Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: How to run 'pentaho-reporting-master/engine/demo' project?

Default How to run 'pentaho-reporting-master/engine/demo' project?

I have downloaded pentaho code from https://github.com/pentaho/pentaho-reporting. But I was not able to run the demo project in side the 'engine' folder. I am getting error at org.pentaho.reporting.libraries.designtime.swing.LibSwingUtil and also the below error

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoCla
    ssDefFoundError: ContentIOException
    at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Unknown Source)
    at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.getMainMethod(Unknown Source)
    at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.checkAndLoadMain(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: ContentIOException
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    ... 6 more

Can anyone help in integrating pentaho. Thanks in advance.

Did you call "ant resolve" first? After all, we do not check-in libraries into Git (as that is rather bad style).
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

Thanks for this update.

Hi Taqua,

Thanks for your reply. Now while I compile the project I got the following errors,

1. java: /Applications/pentaho-reporting-master/designer/datasource-editor-scriptable/source/org/pentaho/reporting/ui/datasources/scriptable/ScriptableDataSourceEditor.java:55: package org.fife.ui.rsyntaxtextarea does not exist

2. java: /Applications/pentaho-reporting-master/designer/datasource-editor-scriptable/source/org/pentaho/reporting/ui/datasources/scriptable/ScriptableDataSourceEditor.java:56: package org.fife.ui.rsyntaxtextarea does not exist

3. java: /Applications/pentaho-reporting-master/designer/datasource-editor-scriptable/source/org/pentaho/reporting/ui/datasources/scriptable/ScriptableDataSourceEditor.java:57: package org.fife.ui.rtextarea does not exist

4. java: /Applications/pentaho-reporting-master/designer/datasource-editor-scriptable/source/org/pentaho/reporting/ui/datasources/scriptable/ScriptableDataSourceEditor.java:448: cannot find symbol
    symbol : class RSyntaxTextArea
    location: class org.pentaho.reporting.ui.datasources.scriptable.ScriptableDataSourceEditor

5. java: /Applications/pentaho-reporting-master/designer/datasource-editor-scriptable/source/org/pentaho/reporting/ui/datasources/scriptable/ScriptableDataSourceEditor.java:449: cannot find symbol
    location: class org.pentaho.reporting.ui.datasources.scriptable.ScriptableDataSourceEditor

6. java: /Applications/pentaho-reporting-master/designer/datasource-editor-scriptable/source/org/pentaho/reporting/ui/datasources/scriptable/ScriptableDataSourceEditor.java:450: cannot find symbol

7. java: /Applications/pentaho-reporting-master/designer/datasource-editor-scriptable/source/org/pentaho/reporting/ui/datasources/scriptable/ScriptableDataSourceEditor.java:491: cannot find symbol

8. java: /Applications/pentaho-reporting-master/designer/datasource-editor-scriptable/source/org/pentaho/reporting/ui/datasources/scriptable/ScriptableDataSourceEditor.java:492: cannot find symbol
    symbol : variable SyntaxConstants

9. java: /Applications/pentaho-reporting-master/designer/datasource-editor-scriptable/source/org/pentaho/reporting/ui/datasources/scriptable/ScriptableDataSourceEditor.java:495: cannot find symbol

10. java: /Applications/pentaho-reporting-master/designer/datasource-editor-scriptable/source/org/pentaho/reporting/ui/datasources/scriptable/ScriptableDataSourceEditor.java:496: cannot find symbol

11. java: /Applications/pentaho-reporting-master/designer/datasource-editor-scriptable/source/org/pentaho/reporting/ui/datasources/scriptable/ScriptableDataSourceEditor.java:498: cannot find symbol

12. java: /Applications/pentaho-reporting-master/designer/datasource-editor-scriptable/source/org/pentaho/reporting/ui/datasources/scriptable/ScriptableDataSourceEditor.java:499: cannot find symbol

13. java: /Applications/pentaho-reporting-master/designer/datasource-editor-scriptable/source/org/pentaho/reporting/ui/datasources/scriptable/ScriptableDataSourceEditor.java:527: cannot find symbol
    symbol : class RTextScrollPane

14. java: /Applications/pentaho-reporting-master/designer/datasource-editor-scriptable/source/org/pentaho/reporting/ui/datasources/scriptable/ScriptableDataSourceEditor.java:531: cannot find symbol

15. java: /Applications/pentaho-reporting-master/designer/datasource-editor-scriptable/source/org/pentaho/reporting/ui/datasources/scriptable/ScriptableDataSourceEditor.java:539: cannot find symbol

16. java: /Applications/pentaho-reporting-master/designer/datasource-editor-scriptable/source/org/pentaho/reporting/ui/datasources/scriptable/ScriptableDataSourceEditor.java:703: cannot find symbol

17. java: /Applications/pentaho-reporting-master/designer/datasource-editor-scriptable/source/org/pentaho/reporting/ui/datasources/scriptable/ScriptableDataSourceEditor.java:707: cannot find symbol

18. java: /Applications/pentaho-reporting-master/designer/datasource-editor-scriptable/source/org/pentaho/reporting/ui/datasources/scriptable/ScriptableDataSourceEditor.java:711: cannot find symbol

19. java: /Applications/pentaho-reporting-master/designer/datasource-editor-scriptable/source/org/pentaho/reporting/ui/datasources/scriptable/ScriptableDataSourceEditor.java:715: cannot find symbol

20. java: /Applications/pentaho-reporting-master/designer/datasource-editor-scriptable/source/org/pentaho/reporting/ui/datasources/scriptable/ScriptableDataSourceEditor.java:719: cannot find symbol

21. java: /Applications/pentaho-reporting-master/designer/datasource-editor-scriptable/source/org/pentaho/reporting/ui/datasources/scriptable/ScriptableDataSourceEditor.java:722: cannot find symbol

I am very new to pentaho integration. My requirement is to draw different types of charts like pie chart, barg graph etc with data from XML. User should have the option to select attributes for X-axis, Y-axis etc from the list of attributes available in the XML. i.e the graph should be dynamic with X-axis,Y-axis etc.

Can you please help me out in integrating pentaho with my project. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Baburaj
    Last edited by baburaj; 07-26-2013 at 05:44 AM.

Let me repeat it: Libraries are not available until you call "ant resolve". This downloads the libraries.
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

Hi Taqua,

I have perfromed ant -f multibuild.xml resolve command in the project directory but still I am getting the errors. Please correct me if I am performing wrong command.

Thanks and Regards,
    Baburaj