Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: TableComponent drill down

Default TableComponent drill down

Hi, I need you help.

I would say how I can implement a table component CDF for a YQM hierarchy in order to first visualize the total over the year, and then clicking on it the four quarter have been displayed and than the month.

I know how to pass the click event and the listener, but I don't know how to update the same table with the furtether column for the further field and of course the others rows.

I hope someone could help me.

Thanks.

Any suggestion?

Hi,
    try to use the post execution method. I implement something like this for my aims:

function() {
    var cells = $( "#" + this.htmlObject + " thead th" );
    cells.each(function(i, v) {
    if( i > 0 ) {
    //skip the first cell of each row
    var cell = $( v );
    var originalText = cell.text();
    var originalTextParts = originalText.split( "/" );
    cell.text( setOperator(originalTextParts[1].toString()) ); //write the second part (the mobile company in your case)
    }
    });
    var newHeaderRow="";
    //define the columns basing on kpi
    if (p_kpi=='0')
    newHeaderRow = "<tr><th></th><th colspan='4'>Latenza Media</th><th colspan='4'>Through. Download Medio</th><th colspan='4'>Through. Upload Medio</th><th colspan='4'>Numero Device</th><th colspan='4'>Numero Test</th></tr>";
    else if (p_kpi=='1')
    newHeaderRow = "<tr><th></th><th colspan='4'>Latenza Massima</th><th colspan='4'>Through. Download Massimo</th><th colspan='4'>Through. Upload Massimo</th><th colspan='4'>Numero Device</th><th colspan='4'>Numero Test</th></tr>";
    else if (p_kpi=='2')
    newHeaderRow = "<tr><th></th><th colspan='4'>Latenza 95per</th><th colspan='4'>Through. Download 95per</th><th colspan='4'>Through. Upload 95per</th><th colspan='4'>Numero Device</th><th colspan='4'>Numero Test</th></tr>";
    else if (p_kpi=='2')
    newHeaderRow = "<tr><th></th><th colspan='4'>Latenza 95per</th><th colspan='4'>Through. Download 95per</th><th colspan='4'>Through. Upload 95per</th><th colspan='4'>Numero Device</th><th colspan='4'>Numero Test</th></tr>";

$( "#" + this.htmlObject + " thead" ).prepend( newHeaderRow );

}

i hope this can help you.

Yamas,
    marco

Hi marcolino, I'm into your function, could you explain me better how it works?

I have to call it on the click event on the cell of the table?

Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by nko View Post
    Hi, I need you help.

I would say how I can implement a table component CDF for a YQM hierarchy in order to first visualize the total over the year, and then clicking on it the four quarter have been displayed and than the month.

I know how to pass the click event and the listener, but I don't know how to update the same table with the furtether column for the further field and of course the others rows.

I hope someone could help me.

Thanks.
    Could you give me some tips to make drill downs working with a "Table Component". The aim is when the user make click into a row/column, then display a new table or data or maybe open a popup with information or just update another Table Component with the parameter passed.

Quote Originally Posted by herohat View Post
    Could you give me some tips to make drill downs working with a "Table Component". The aim is when the user make click into a row/column, then display a new table or data or maybe open a popup with information or just update another Table Component with the parameter passed.

Forget!.. I found the answer in this post: http://forums.pentaho.com/showthread...Click-property

Thank you anyway.