Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Calling SQL query from button component

Default Calling SQL query from button component

Hi !

I would like to insert a line in DB when I click on a button component.
    I created a SQL query over Jndi that does the insert with the required parameters in the Data Sources tab,
    but I wonder if it's possible to call that query from the button function.

Thanks !

PS : I can also include the query directly inside the function if needed !

I think you can create a parameter which will change when you click on the button component.
    Add this parameter to the datasource's listenner.

The request will be executer each time you click on this button.

Thanks for the information !
    Do you know what kind of component I should use as the datasource's listener ? I tried with the QueryComponent, but it doesn't seem to work.
    And it does not come from the database, I checked and I have all rights on it.

Edit : it's working ! I used a stored procedure and called it in the SQL datasource ("call proc(arg1,arg2,..)") and it's fine now.
    But for anyone attempting this be careful about the types you want in your proc !
    Last edited by rempan; 08-06-2013 at 03:18 AM.

Hey,
    Can you elaborate on this a bit more. I have a text area input component, whose input is I want to save in a kettle transformation.
    I want to call that kettle datasource on a button click. so that all the data from the text area can be sent.
    How do you add listener to datasource? Because I cannot ind the option for listener in the kettle datasource, it just has parameters and variables.

Hi all,

In recent CDE+CDF versions, the button component support calling a datasource when clicked. Just open "Advanced Properties" in CDE.
    If you are trying to send the contents of a text input to the server, associate a parameter to the text input component, say "textParameter", and then configure a datasource for the button component that uses textParameter as a parameter.

Rempan ... hello .. you could insert a row line in your database? Is there any solution for this .. let me know if there ok !.

thank you