Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Excel column format

Default Excel column format

I have table component and set appropriate column types and format for all columns.
    For example, for total count, we set column type as numeric and format as %d.
    When I am exporting to excel, the respective cell show data in the decimal but it should display only integer.

Is anyone faced same issue? any workaround?

Regards,
    Vinayak

Vinayak

If I understand correctly, you want an output that is an integer and not decimal. For my Excel reports, I use the format "#" as this prevents decimal places in the output.

I trust that this helps.

Thanks
    Ray

Hi Ray,
    One thing I need to clear - I am using CDE to generate dashboard and CDA query to generate excel such as

xxxxx.queryState.exportData('xls');

I am not sure how I can use '#' in the column format in the table component.

Can you please help me?

Thanks
    Vinayak

My comments were how to use the "#" symbol when using an output step where you have the format column available. I am not familiar with using the CDE functionality. It read the statement as the query will export to an Excel document. I have to assume that the export function will use the format of the data that you are extracting.

I wish I could provide a more definitive answer.

Ray

Hi,
    I usually export table components to Excel using this javascript code:
    Code:
    window.open("data:application/vnd.ms-excel," + encodeURIComponent( $( "# " + myTableHtmlObject ).html() ));
    In this way I can export the changes I made to the data and to the table style.
    Unfortunately I can't set a name to the Excel file.

Thanks Ray, I will check on changing data type in the query and column format while designing table component.

Thanks Luca, I will try to use your javascript code to export the table components.