Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: CDC [WARN] in log, BI server won't stop.

Default CDC [WARN] in log, BI server won't stop.

I guess it's all in the topic already. I posted this here instead of the BI Server part of the forum because of that [cdc] in the log below. Take a look:

Code:
    c070054@DF5026ET002 /cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Pentaho/biserver-ce/tomcat/logs
    $ ../../stop-pentaho.sh
    /cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Pentaho/biserver-ce/tomcat/logs
    /cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Pentaho/biserver-ce/tomcat/logs
    DEBUG: Using JAVA_HOME
    DEBUG: _PENTAHO_JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7
    DEBUG: _PENTAHO_JAVA=C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7/bin/java
    Using CATALINA_BASE:   C:\Program Files (x86)\Pentaho\biserver-ce\tomcat
    Using CATALINA_HOME:   C:\Program Files (x86)\Pentaho\biserver-ce\tomcat
    Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: C:\Program Files (x86)\Pentaho\biserver-ce\tomcat\temp
    Using JRE_HOME:        C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7
    Using CLASSPATH:       C:\Program Files (x86)\Pentaho\biserver-ce\tomcat\bin\bootstrap.jar

c070054@DF5026ET002 /cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Pentaho/biserver-ce/tomcat/logs
    $ tail -f catalina.out
    09:33:35,316 WARN  [FactoryImpl] [localhost]:5701 [cdc] Waiting for all partitions to be owned...
    09:33:40,325 WARN  [FactoryImpl] [localhost]:5701 [cdc] Waiting for all partitions to be owned...
    09:33:45,328 WARN  [FactoryImpl] [localhost]:5701 [cdc] Waiting for all partitions to be owned...
    09:33:50,332 WARN  [FactoryImpl] [localhost]:5701 [cdc] Waiting for all partitions to be owned...
    09:33:55,335 WARN  [FactoryImpl] [localhost]:5701 [cdc] Waiting for all partitions to be owned...
    09:34:00,338 WARN  [FactoryImpl] [localhost]:5701 [cdc] Waiting for all partitions to be owned...

2013-09-04 09:34:01:426 INFO Pausing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080 [Http11AprProtocol]
    2013-09-04 09:34:01:427 INFO Pausing Coyote AJP/1.3 on ajp-8009 [AjpAprProtocol]
    2013-09-04 09:34:02:429 INFO Stopping service Catalina [StandardService]09:34:05,342 WARN  [FactoryImpl] [localhost]:5701 [cdc] Waiting for all partitions to be owned...
    09:34:10,345 WARN  [FactoryImpl] [localhost]:5701 [cdc] Waiting for all partitions to be owned...
    09:34:15,348 WARN  [FactoryImpl] [localhost]:5701 [cdc] Waiting for all partitions to be owned...
    09:34:20,352 WARN  [FactoryImpl] [localhost]:5701 [cdc] Waiting for all partitions to be owned...
    09:34:25,355 WARN  [FactoryImpl] [localhost]:5701 [cdc] Waiting for all partitions to be owned...
    It keeps going like that forever, and the only way to shutdown the BI server, even for a restart, is via process manager.
    Join us on IRC! =)

Twitter / Google+ / Timezone: BRT-BRST
    BI Server & PDI 5.4 / MS SQL 2012 / Learning CDE & CTools
    Windows 8 64-bit / Java 7 (jdk1.8.0_75)

Quote Originally Posted by gutlez
    PLEASE NOTE: No forum member is going to do your work for you. We will help you sort out how to do a specific part of the work, as best we can, in the timelines that our work will allow us.

I'm no expert.Take my comments at your own risk.

bump...
    Join us on IRC! =)

PLEASE NOTE: No forum member is going to do your work for you. We will help you sort out how to do a specific part of the work, as best we can, in the timelines that our work will allow us.

Every time I saw those, they were connected to network configurations. Yesterday, that happened because one of our devs was on mac and he had Internet sharing on. That caused the os to setup a new bridge connection with a dumb ip like 192.168.2.1. For some reason, Hazelcast tried to bind on that ip and caused that issue.
    check if somehting similar is not what's happening to you.
    Pedro Vale
    --
    CTools Product Development
    http://www.webdetails.pt

I do have two network connections here - one is the ethernet as usual, and the other is a virtual one for VirtualBox... I have no idea what this Hazelcast is and how to solve it, could you give me some directions on that?
    Join us on IRC! =)

that virtual connection might be causing the issues. Any way you can test this by not using VirtualBox ?
    Pedro Vale
    --

Uninstalled VirtualBox - it removed that connection. The "FactoryImpl" warn message still shows up on the log...
    Join us on IRC! =)

Ok, out of ideas, then.

Please open an issue at redmine.webdetails.org. Specify os that you're using and BI Server/Ctools versions.

It might be a windows issue - we'll need to try and replicate it.
    Pedro Vale
    --

Join us on IRC! =)