Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Setting no time out stale carte objects

Default Setting no time out stale carte objects

I have a front-end website where the end user click a link (the start job link in Carte, like http://192.168.0.3:8081/kettle/start...1-5c560d45aa21) to launch a job that does an extraction from a db and save output on a file in a web server folder.

Now, the user execution needs always the same job so I don't want it to be purged by Carte after one day.

I solved by setting KETTLE_CARTE_OBJECT_TIMEOUT_MINUTES variable in the kettle.properties files to a high number like 99999999

Is this correct? Or there is a way to tell Carte: don't purge my jobs, NEVER!!

I tried to left blank the variable or to set "", but automatically get the default value 1440. Maybe can I change the default value somewhere?

Maybe I solved it.

I found this "A value of 0 means that all objects will be kept forever or until they are manually removed" in Carte Configuration at http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/EAI/Carte+Configuration

So I think 0 is the correct value to never purge the jobs.

Because I had difficulty to found kettle.properties file I suggest to change this variable directly in spoon

Menu - Edit - Edit the
    kettle.properties file

Sorry for my thread

I think the variable was documented in the kettle.properties file editor, no?

Quote Originally Posted by MattCasters View Post
    I think the variable was documented in the kettle.properties file editor, no?
    Actually no! I didn't found the kettle.properties file, so I did as I say before:

Menu - Edit - Edit the kettle.properties file

and there I only read

This environment variable will set a time-out after which waiting, completed or stopped transformations and jobs will be automatically cleaned up. The default value is 1440 (one day).
    The information about 0 means forever was not mentioned.. maybe could be useful!

Thank you for your work!

These are just details.. Pentaho platform is yet wonderful!