Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Pentaho BI server and Saiku Weirdness

Default Pentaho BI server and Saiku Weirdness

Hey guys,

I have had an instance of Pentaho's BI Community server running on my machine for the past couple months now and have been getting used to it usin it. Recently in the past day or two I have noticed a couple of weird behaviors with it. For some background I have been creating several dashboards in the past couple of days, I have about 10 in total. I also have about 8 datasources.

Weird behavior 1: Up until yesterday, when I first fire up my pentaho server and try to connect to my localhost:8080 it would have a "Connecting" message for about 10-20 seconds and than come right up. Now the connecting message lasts for about 5 minutes until I get the login page.

Weird behavior 2: After getting into the PUC, if I go to my saiku analytics I see a "loading datasources" message that takes forever, I have never seen this come up before when opening saiku analytics. When Saiku finally does finish the cube drop down box is unpopulated, and doesnt populate if I refresh Saiku.

If you have ever had this happen to you before please let me know, its quite bothersome. Thanks a bunch.

Can you please tell me how are you accessing the thin client link on other machines.

I am using 4.8 stable version of BA server. not able to see any reports. the error i am getting is "ERROR [GenericServlet] GenericServlet.ERROR_0004 - Resource /saiku-ui/fancybox/fancy_shadow_e.png not found in plugin saiku"

Please help.