Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Pentaho ETL + Pentaho Reporting or Talend ETL + Jasper Reporting

Red face Pentaho ETL + Pentaho Reporting or Talend ETL + Jasper Reporting

Hello
    Everyone,

Hope everyone is doing Good. we have small problem . Actually in front of us Pentaho(ETL+Reporting) and Talend(ETL)+Jasper(Reporting) tools.
    we have to decide for both ETL+Reporting tools. we just have very less knowledge about reporting and ETL. can you please suggest us which tools are the better for starters(offcourse we are running company) ,performance wise which tools are better ?? can you please guide us. your suggestions are a lot for us. Thank you and Have a nice week.

I think it is partly personal. I find Pentaho ETL easier to understand and use than Talend. On the other hand I experience that Talend is more able to communicate with web services. So it also depends on the sources you want to connect with.

Consider also that you can choose the one ETL tool and the other BI server. Nobody forbids you to use Talend with Pentaho BI server, or PDI with Jaspersoft.

Hi Ravi,

We (Helical IT Solutions) are a company which specializes in open source data warehousing and business intelligence. We have worked extensively on Jaspersoft, Pentaho, Kettle, Talend. You can get back to us for any consultation or help. Our experience includes providing services in various domains which includes healthcare, energy, insurance, telecom, human resource, social media to name a few.

We would be happy to help

Regards
    Nikhilesh
    Email id : nikhilesh@helicaltech.com

Talking Mohil Chhabra

Hi Ravi,

Appreciate the comments from Stroo-Drecomm on your problem. We have an expertise of more than 8 years with both these BI tools. Both the tools have their own Pros and Cons, It would really help if you could just brief me on your requirements so that i can advise you the best-fit solution for your company.

I can be reached at mohilchhabra.ubs@gmail.com/mohil_chhabra@yahoo.com

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi G View Post
    Hello
    Everyone,

Hope everyone is doing Good. we have small problem . Actually in front of us Pentaho(ETL+Reporting) and Talend(ETL)+Jasper(Reporting) tools.
    we have to decide for both ETL+Reporting tools. we just have very less knowledge about reporting and ETL. can you please suggest us which tools are the better for starters(offcourse we are running company) ,performance wise which tools are better ?? can you please guide us. your suggestions are a lot for us. Thank you and Have a nice week.