Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Retrieve HTTP POST data with carte

Default Retrieve HTTP POST data with carte

Hi!

Is it possible to retrieve the data part of a HTTP POST request with carte? Example: curl -X POST -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d '{"Key" : "A","Value" : "B"}' https://carte/?trans=test.ktr

Fetching data as parameter defined in the URL works fine, but I have the problem that I get values in the data part that I would like to process with a transformation. Is there any way to do that?

Hey guys

Just as a follow up in case you're having the same issue: I ended up using some php that parses the json POST and rewrites to the URL string so carte can handle it (carte was reverse-proxied by apache anyway). I read somewhere in the forum that POST handling of carte was a feature planned in PDI 5 but didn't find any docu about that. I'm curently using a freshly compiled PDI 5.1 So if anyone knows more about this feature then let me know.

Thanks!

Akku:

Did you ever find a way to have carte consume a POST? I have not seen any docs on this either.

Kevin

Default Same question

Quote Originally Posted by kevin.haas@openbi.com View Post
    Akku:

Did you ever find a way to have carte consume a POST? I have not seen any docs on this either.

Kevin
    i'd love to know if this could be done, also!