Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: How do you add MongoDB Datasource to Pentaho 5.0?

Default How do you add MongoDB Datasource to Pentaho 5.0?

Ok I know this was one of the key areas that was talked about in 5.0. Addition of PUC data-source connection for MongoDB. I copied the java driver but the interface looks the same to me. What am I missing?

Mike
    Last edited by arcelio1023; 10-23-2013 at 09:29 PM.

Any luck with this? Having recently installed biserver-ce from Jenkins I'd really like to see this in action - just not sure how.

No reply and no luck with this. I tried a mongo driver from Unity but can't even get that one to register. Interface still looks like the old ADD Datasource UI.

I would think that it would be the same interface that they are going to have in PDI 5.0 and RD 5.0. Not sure if you have seen it but when you add datasource you just point to the IP or vanity of the mongo instance and return available collections. That is a good feature to have.

Mike

Hmm. I can't seem to figure out how to add a Mongo datasource in PDI 5, using either Community Edition or Enterprise trial.

That Unity driver looks handy - running SQL queries against mongo would be nice - but there's absolutely no way I'm forking over $1000's for a driver for each server/website where I'd want to use the functionality.

I hope this gets cleared up soon... I came to Pentaho from a recent MongoDB webinar. So far I'm not seeing the integration being as easy as advertised which is disappointing. Maybe things will become more clear when CE 5 is officially released.
    Last edited by psema4; 11-11-2013 at 05:06 PM. Reason: clarifcation

Yeah it's frustrating for me as well. I've been using the scriptable object for reporting. Now we want to provide the users access to create their own reports. If you have PDI 5 downloaded just add Mongo DB input and you will see the option to connect to MongoDB instance and then follow the tabs to retrieve dbs and collections. Their you can input your json or aggregation. That's what I would like to see in the User Console on the server side. Report designer 5 has that same connection feature.

Mike

Ok I'm really surprised that the User interface on the server side doesn't provide an interface to connect to Mongo db. That was the whole point of making this version bigdata friendly and I was under the impression that a regular user could log into the User Console design a connection to Mongodb and create their own reports. This is a major let down. Unless I'm missing something can someone tell me I'm wrong.

I am facing the same issue

Hi All,

I know, this is very late solution for this issue. Still,I believe, my solution might help someone who would be really searching for solution.

I'm able to fetch the data from Pentaho Report designer client using MongoDb connectivity. But after publishing report into the PUC, getting "Report validation error". The version which I used was 5.2 community edition.

Later I tested the same with 5.4 version and it worked like charm. NO need to configure anything from server side. Simply, Publish the report from client and view the report from server side.

Regards,
    Naveen.

Hi Everyone,
    I want to do ad-hoc reporting on Mongodb data source in Pentaho User Console.
    In this case I don't want to use any other client tool like report designer

If not possible pls provide problem statement

Thanks in advance

Regards,
    Anand
    Last edited by anandmthorat; 08-31-2015 at 01:37 AM.

Hi Naveen,
    Is it possible to use published report data source for ad-hoc reporting in Pentaho User Console
    waiting for u'r response

Regards,
    Anand