Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: PDI 5.0 - Community Version?

Default PDI 5.0 - Community Version?

Hi,

i m using Kettle for a few years now and i really like it. Unfortunately i was not beeing able to use Kettle for a year now. I just had a look at the webpage today and i ve seen that the current version seems to be PDI 5.0
    Looking at the community page of kettle (kettle.pentaho.com) i can only find a download for PDI 4.4 (it shows PDI 5.0 as beeing under development).

I ve got an important question (at least it is important for me as a PDI user):
    Are new PDI versions beeing available as commercial versions only or do you plan to continue rolling out community versions of PDI? If yes is it already clear which version will be available next (community version)?

Sorry but i m a bit confused about it.

Christian

The CE version has been delayed and Matt wrote that they will be release it sooner or later!
    You can always download a nightly build (I've been using one for few days now).
    You can find it at:
    http://ci.pentaho.com/view/Data%20In...ob/Kettle-5.0/

PDI is still Open Source!
    -- Mick --

When are they going to add a MONGODB datasource config option for the add datasource in Server User console? Anyone? I see SQL Server and Hadoop option.

Mike