Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: I want files for FTPstep from Linux Srvr in Pentaho Spoon which is installed on Win

Post I want files for FTPstep from Linux Srvr in Pentaho Spoon which is installed on Win

Hi Friends,

I am using pentaho spoon which is installed on Windows Server & pointing to Linux Server (Remote Server).

I have created following transformation :

Name:  Job.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  17.0 KB

See properties of "Put a file with FTP" step :

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  25.8 KB

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  20.8 KB

I am concerned with "Local Directory" parameter, how to specify path of directory which resides on Remote server ?

If I am giving path of local directory, it is properly putting files to FTP location. Please help me !!!

Thank you in advance !!!

- Devendra.

Default Help me..

Please help me in this, It's urgent !!

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by dev4all; 11-15-2013 at 09:28 AM.

I think you already get it. I don't exactly know your case, so I can't tell you how to make it right. See how to set the path in other people's example, here are a lot examples on the internet.

I faced some similar problem but the problem was i was using FTP and SFTP (local machine is windows and server is linux) so it was not allowing me to establish connection..

So i resolved this by upload files to ftps for uploading and for getting i used get a file with ftps.. (so you can try this if u faced something similar)

From above screen shot i think you have to remove / from local instead of /csv use csv AND for remote machine change outgoing to outgoing/ ..

As if i am not sure with other details so i am not sure but 90% case your problem will resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by dev4all View Post
    Please help me in this, It's urgent !!

Thank you in advance.
    Please note that this forum is mostly filled with other users.
    If something is urgent, I'd suggest buying a support contract from Pentaho.

In response to your question: Look at your screenshot carefully - you have both a Local section and a Remote section. The local section tells PDI where to get the files that you are going to send to the server. The remote section tells PDI where (relative to your chroot'ed FTP jail) to put the files.

WorkingHard : Please note that SFTP is NOT the same as FTPS.
    **THIS IS A SIGNATURE - IT GETS POSTED ON (ALMOST) EVERY POST**
    I'm no expert.
    Take my comments at your own risk.

PDI user since PDI 3.1
    PDI on Windows 7 & Linux

Please keep in mind (and this may not apply to this thread):
    No forum member is going to do your work for you. We will help you sort out how to do a specific part of the work, as best we can, in the timelines that our work will allow us.
    Signature Updated: 2014-06-30