Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Issue with JAVA/Kettle for using API's

Unhappy Issue with JAVA/Kettle for using API's

Hi Team,

I guess this below error is mostly related to JAVA version and not Kettle but still I would like to have some ideas from you as well. We are facing issues while using kettle to call an external API to fetch the data. The error is posted below as per this link - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7...-to-java-1-7-0 it pointed to an issue with JAVA 1.7 version as we never encountered this error with Java 1.6. So, is there any way upgrade to kettle 4.4 would in anyway, help us in troubleshooting this issue or only use the lower version of JAVA a solution. Right we are on Kettle 4.2.1. Due to some security vulnerabilities, it was decided to upgrade JAVA to the latest build and so do we have workaround for this other that sticking to the older JAVA version. I would check on the JAVA versions as well as it mostly JAVA issue rather than Kettle.

Error:

ERROR 25-11 04:38:54,174 - DATA XML - Unexpected Error : org.pentaho.di.core.exception.KettleException:
    org.dom4j.DocumentException: handshake alert: unrecognized_name Nested exception: handshake alert: unrecognized_name
    handshake alert: unrecognized_name Nested exception: handshake alert: unrecognized_name

The SO article mentions this workaround. Maybe you can set that in a PENTAHO_DI_JAVA_OPTIONS or similar before you start Spoon?

java -Djsse.enableSNIExtension=false yourClass