Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Where does Pentaho BAServer 5.0.1 store users data?

Default Where does Pentaho BAServer 5.0.1 store users data?

A quick one for you, Pentaho experts: where does the BA server (Pentaho 5.0.1) store the user credentials?

I have moved all the local databases to Postgresql (hibernate, quartz and jackrabbit) but I can't find where the user table is now. In Pentaho 4.8 it was inside the hibernate db, but it seems not to be there any more.

Is it in a local hypersonic db? If so, ist it possible to move it to a Postgresql db?

Thank you very much!!

Did you resolve enigma? If yes could you tell me the answer... i don't find table on hibernate of user credentials.

Thanks...
    Patty
    Patrizia

Patty, Job,
    Just found out that the hibernate table no longer holds the user authentication data.
    User info as solution programs (queries, xactions, reports, etc) are on the repository, that can reside encrypted either on the filesystem or a database.
    Its a pain to work in such a restricted environment, but we have no alternative
    PD. Will be posting mi findings in a couple of weeks on http://interestingittips.wordpress.com/pentaho-5-0/

Great Javier!! and thanks for your answer...so users data are in jackrabbit db, right?
    However, I eagerly await your article !
    Patrizia

Hi Patrizia,

i have a same problem, but a find the problem.
    The user stores are in db
    jackrabbit, but we dont see. For test it, you can for this:
    1 - dump of db jackrabbit
    2 - start pentaho, in manager users, remove any user
    3 - stop pentaho
    4 - delete db jackrabbit
    5 - restore the dump of db jackrabbit

When you loggin again, the user that you removed is back.
    The problem is that we dont see users in db jackrabbit...
    If you would like move user to db hibernate, do you need modify theses files:
    biserver-ce\pentaho-solutions\system\security.properties e alter de conf to Hibernate. After, configure the files:
    applicationContext-spring-security-jdbc.xml
    applicationContext-spring-security-hibernate.properties

You can create de table users, authorities and granted_authorities.
    now you make a login, but you dont alter de users in pentaho application and i dont know the problem...
    Last edited by rcbrasileiro; 01-16-2014 at 01:08 PM.

Hi Rodrigo Brasileiro,

I have followed the configuration settings that you mentioned above (provider=hibernate) but I have got the following error :

ERROR [org.pentaho.platform.util.logging.Logger] Error: Pentaho
    ERROR [org.pentaho.platform.util.logging.Logger] misc-org.pentaho.platform.engine.core.system.PentahoSystem: PentahoSystem.ERROR_0026 - Failed to retrieve object with name "AuthenticationProvider" from the Pentaho object factory.

PFA the pentaho.log for more error details.

Any solution is highly appreciated.

Thanks
    Siva
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi!!
    Any solution for this?!! Me too getting the same error as mentioned by Siva. Please help!

Thanks!
    JK

Pentaho 5.x store user details in {path_to_pentaho_server}/biserver-ce/pentaho-solutions/system/jackrabbit/repository/workspaces/default/db.h2.db an in memory database.
    You can export to postgresql, oracle or mysql with Kettle (pdi).
    After export and import in your db, change default values in {path_to_pentaho_server}/biserver-ce/pentaho-solutions/system/jackrabbit/repository/workspaces/default/workspace.xml

I did this when i swich to mysql and pentaho 5.1

Good day!

Quote Originally Posted by dga View Post
    Pentaho 5.x store user details in {path_to_pentaho_server}/biserver-ce/pentaho-solutions/system/jackrabbit/repository/workspaces/default/db.h2.db an in memory database.
    You can export to postgresql, oracle or mysql with Kettle (pdi).
    After export and import in your db, change default values in {path_to_pentaho_server}/biserver-ce/pentaho-solutions/system/jackrabbit/repository/workspaces/default/workspace.xml

I did this when i swich to mysql and pentaho 5.1

Good day!
    Beware, this is a dangerous thing to do, since Penaho stores the credentials not only in the file pointed out but also in the jackrabbit DB. Actually, the folder biserver-xx/pentaho-solutions/system/jackrabbit/repository is created when Pentaho starts and Penaho can recreate the content (one of the solutions for a corrupt repository, for example, is to delete the pentaho-solutions/system/jackrabbit/repository/*) so any changes done in the filesystem can be overwritten by Pentaho without you even noticing it.

The truth is that Pentaho usess Apache Jackrabbit content repository to store all the content (including users and passwords) so I would recommend reading their APIs document and you might find your answer there
    Rodrigo Haces
    TAM / Enterprise Architect
    Pentaho

Default other way plizz?

Quote Originally Posted by rhaces View Post
    Beware, this is a dangerous thing to do, since Penaho stores the credentials not only in the file pointed out but also in the jackrabbit DB. Actually, the folder biserver-xx/pentaho-solutions/system/jackrabbit/repository is created when Pentaho starts and Penaho can recreate the content (one of the solutions for a corrupt repository, for example, is to delete the pentaho-solutions/system/jackrabbit/repository/*) so any changes done in the filesystem can be overwritten by Pentaho without you even noticing it.The truth is that Pentaho usess Apache Jackrabbit content repository to store all the content (including users and passwords) so I would recommend reading their APIs document and you might find your answer there
    But there are other form for have users and authorities in a bd??PD: sorry for my bad english

This is very interesting question for me, since I would like to implement creation and management of pentaho users into out internal system. Is there any way how to achieve it?

can any please provide document to set up the oracle database for BA server pentaho 5.2 EE

has there been any success in finding user passwords... In fact I'm looking for a way to provide the end users with a change password functionality inside the dashboard. I have also used changePassword plugin but it doesn't work properly and results in error! Any advice is greatly appreciated.