Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Problems to upload KTR file

Default Problems to upload KTR file

Problems here. Whenever I try to upload a KTR file to BI Server 5 CE, after choosing the desired file it shows me:
    Name:  2013-12-18_10h31_00.png
Views: 448
Size:  4.5 KB
    "fakepath"? Ok, I thought maybe this had something to do with the new "hidden fs" BI5CE uses. Ok, upload...
    Name:  2013-12-18_10h30_46.png
Views: 421
Size:  2.4 KB
    Nop, won't work. Ideas?
    Join us on IRC! =)

Twitter / Google+ / Timezone: BRT-BRST
    BI Server & PDI 5.4 / MS SQL 2012 / Learning CDE & CTools
    Windows 8 64-bit / Java 7 (jdk1.8.0_75)

Quote Originally Posted by gutlez
    PLEASE NOTE: No forum member is going to do your work for you. We will help you sort out how to do a specific part of the work, as best we can, in the timelines that our work will allow us.

I'm no expert.Take my comments at your own risk.

BI Server won't be able to execute Kettle Transformations/Jobs directly. You will have to use Pentaho Design Studio and create the xaction to call the Kettle Transformations/Jobs.

If you look at the Data Integration with Kettle example in the BI Developer Examples folder you'll see that it uses xaction (from Design Studio) to call the Kettle files.

The idea on uploading a KTR file to BI Server is to use it on CDA to feed a CDE dashboard... as I did before on 4.8. This is disabled as well? Coz if it is, there's no point in keeping CDA's Kettle file option there...
    Join us on IRC! =)

PLEASE NOTE: No forum member is going to do your work for you. We will help you sort out how to do a specific part of the work, as best we can, in the timelines that our work will allow us.

Quote Originally Posted by joao.ciocca View Post
    The idea on uploading a KTR file to BI Server is to use it on CDA to feed a CDE dashboard... as I did before on 4.8. This is disabled as well? Coz if it is, there's no point in keeping CDA's Kettle file option there...
    Joao,
    It's still working on Pentaho 5, and that's exactly how you upload ktr file.
    No problem on my side, but each time I see upload unsuccessful message, restarting server resolve the issue.

Also, you have to config PUC to take .ktr file.
    you can config this by modifying importExport.xml file on pentaho/server/biserver-ee/pentaho-solution/system folder.

Let me know how it worked.

Isaac

Here's my importExport.xml file: http://pastie.org/8562985
    I don't know much about configuring the BI Server, but it seems to me that ktr and kjb are configured, aren't they?
    Just restarted the server, let me see... yep, ok, KTR file uploaded. But what's with this "c:\fakepath" that shows up on file selection?!
    Join us on IRC! =)

Glad that it's uploaded.
    Yes, I notice c:\fakepath since pentaho 5, but didn't give too much attention.

BTW, have you tried CDA to take kettle transformation as datasource that has excel input step?
    I'm excel file and ktr file in a same folder on PUC, but kettle just don't get the data from excel.
    It seems like it's not recognizing it once they are uploaded to PUC, as it's running fine on my local directories,
    and also CDA shows data when I modify ktr to use datagrid instead of excel input.

no idea, really. I only use KTR with Table input. Weird thing is that an old dashboard I uploaded to 5 is working, but a new one I'm developing, I just uploaded it's KTR and... nothing =(
    Join us on IRC! =)