Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Error deploying Pentaho CE 5.0.1 with mysql config

Question Error deploying Pentaho CE 5.0.1 with mysql config

Hi
    I followed the anonymousbi doc by pentaho_fan at http://anonymousbi.wordpress.com/201...llation-guide/

I am getting below error at server startup:

Code:
    SEVERE: Error deploying web application directory pentaho
    com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.io.MalformedByteSequenceException: Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence.
            at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.io.UTF8Reader.invalidByte(UTF8Reader.java:687)
            at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.io.UTF8Reader.read(UTF8Reader.java:557)
            at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityScanner.load(XMLEntityScanner.java:1753)
            at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityScanner.scanContent(XMLEntityScanner.java:926)
            at  com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:2811)
            at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:606)
            at  com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:510)
            at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:848)
            at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:777)
            at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:141)
            at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1213)
            at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(SAXParserImpl.java:649)
            at org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1626)
            at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory(HostConfig.java:1035)
            at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectories(HostConfig.java:1002)
            at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:506)
            at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1317)
            at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:324)
            at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:142)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1065)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:840)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1057)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:463)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:525)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:754)
            at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:595)
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
            at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
            at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
            at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:289)
            at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:414)
    i am on windows if that helps...
    i am pretty sure I did not miss any step in the guide, i have repeated it 3 times from scratch.

thanks

You have used the default utf-8 encoding of database.

I did not get you exactly, the database is created using the provided scripts, where the charset is latin1...

so any idea what i need to change to make it work !

Latin1 must be, check the script was executes correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by orkan View Post
    Latin1 must be, check the script was executes correctly.
    just checked that the databases created by script ( hibernate, jackrabbit and quartz) are all latin1 charset
    still am unable to figure out what's wrong.

thanks

I am still stuck on this, unable to move from this error. Can someone shed some help on this.

Thanks

Open \tomcat\webapps\pentaho\META-INF\context.xml in Notepad 2.
    Check File > Encoding. Must be UTF-8.
    Check all xml files when you have edit.

Quote Originally Posted by orkan View Post
    Open \tomcat\webapps\pentaho\META-INF\context.xml in Notepad 2.
    Check File > Encoding. Must be UTF-8.
    Check all xml files when you have edit.
    Thanks a lot for your advice. it has started up after changing the Encoding of xml files to utf-8.