Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Error deploying Pentaho CE 5.0.1 with mysql config

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    7

    Question Error deploying Pentaho CE 5.0.1 with mysql config

    Hi
    I followed the anonymousbi doc by pentaho_fan at http://anonymousbi.wordpress.com/201...llation-guide/

    I am getting below error at server startup:

    Code:
    SEVERE: Error deploying web application directory pentaho
    com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.io.MalformedByteSequenceException: Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence.
            at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.io.UTF8Reader.invalidByte(UTF8Reader.java:687)
            at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.io.UTF8Reader.read(UTF8Reader.java:557)
            at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityScanner.load(XMLEntityScanner.java:1753)
            at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityScanner.scanContent(XMLEntityScanner.java:926)
            at  com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:2811)
            at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:606)
            at  com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:510)
            at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:848)
            at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:777)
            at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:141)
            at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1213)
            at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(SAXParserImpl.java:649)
            at org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1626)
            at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory(HostConfig.java:1035)
            at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectories(HostConfig.java:1002)
            at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:506)
            at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1317)
            at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:324)
            at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:142)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1065)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:840)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1057)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:463)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:525)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:754)
            at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:595)
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
            at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
            at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
            at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:289)
            at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:414)
    i am on windows if that helps...
    i am pretty sure I did not miss any step in the guide, i have repeated it 3 times from scratch.

    thanks

  2. #2

    Default

    You have used the default utf-8 encoding of database.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    7

    Default

    I did not get you exactly, the database is created using the provided scripts, where the charset is latin1...

    so any idea what i need to change to make it work !

  4. #4

    Default

    Latin1 must be, check the script was executes correctly.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by orkan View Post
    Latin1 must be, check the script was executes correctly.
    just checked that the databases created by script ( hibernate, jackrabbit and quartz) are all latin1 charset
    still am unable to figure out what's wrong.

    thanks

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    7

    Default

    I am still stuck on this, unable to move from this error. Can someone shed some help on this.

    Thanks

  7. #7

    Default

    Open \tomcat\webapps\pentaho\META-INF\context.xml in Notepad 2.
    Check File > Encoding. Must be UTF-8.
    Check all xml files when you have edit.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by orkan View Post
    Open \tomcat\webapps\pentaho\META-INF\context.xml in Notepad 2.
    Check File > Encoding. Must be UTF-8.
    Check all xml files when you have edit.
    Thanks a lot for your advice. it has started up after changing the Encoding of xml files to utf-8.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Privacy Policy | Legal Notices | Safe Harbor Privacy Policy

Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Hitachi Vantara Corporation. All Rights Reserved.