Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Pentaho + MongoDB input step error : com.mongodb.MongoException$CursorNotFound:

Question Pentaho + MongoDB input step error : com.mongodb.MongoException$CursorNotFound:

Hello All,

I have a extraction that have a transformation : to get data from mongoDB,format it properly and write to mysql database.

I tried table output and mysql bulk load steps to data output.

Please have a look on the below issue ..
    ERROR [org.pentaho.di] MongoDB Input - com.mongodb.MongoException$CursorNotFound: cursor not found on server
    at com.mongodb.DBApiLayer$Result.init(DBApiLayer.java:371)
    at com.mongodb.DBApiLayer$Result._advance(DBApiLayer.java:418)
    at com.mongodb.DBApiLayer$Result.hasNext(DBApiLayer.java:400)
    at com.mongodb.DBCursor._hasNext(DBCursor.java:489)
    at com.mongodb.DBCursor.hasNext(DBCursor.java:509)
    at org.pentaho.di.trans.steps.mongodbinput.MongoDbInput.processRow(MongoDbInput.java:61)
    at org.pentaho.di.trans.step.RunThread.run(RunThread.java:40)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)

I am getting this error when ever I am trying to fetch data from mongoDB by running the transformation from an extraction.
    Please suggest what might have gone wrong.
    It works fine for upto 12000 to 14000 records then abruptly completes ( with successful message)

I need to fetch data from MongoDB and put it into mysql database.

Our mongo database have a total of 2000000 records and it hardly works for 1% of the records.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

thanks
    Priyabrata patnaik

this happens when ever I try to run the transformation on the server, and works fine if I try to run it from windows.
    Please suggest where can the error be ....

I'm hitting the same problem, however on reading up on the MongoDB instructions, it appears that the cursor is cleaned up on the server after ten minutes of inactivity. So, if you're reading from the DB in chunks, and then the processing of those chunks takes more than ten minutes, you'll likely hit this scenario.

I'm trying to figure out a way to solve this as I'm pretty new to Pentaho. There is a way to specify an indefinite timeout for the cursor on the MongoDB command line (see: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3...mongodb-cursor), but I'm not sure how to do it from within Kettle...

Good luck!

Hello. I have the same issue. Does anybody solve it?