Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Browse files won't show any folder/files, screen gets stuck in load process

Default Browse files won't show any folder/files, screen gets stuck in load process

Hi everybody,

I can't solve an issues with the file browsing system in BI 5.0.1.

When I go to "Browse Files" the screen gets stuck with the loading icon. I see no files or folders, only the loading icon spinning.
    I can access file through the open files dialogue box like interface.

I have tried
    • restarting the pentaho server
    • rebooting the server (an AWS ubuntu 12.04 instance)
    • clearing all caches in the tools menu
    • removing the jakrabbit repository file at pentaho-solution/system/jackrabbit/repository. This creates a new repository file at bi-server startup.
    • dropped the jackrabbit database in postgres and recreated it from the create scripts

These things have not worked.

Any ideas?
    [UPDATE] It seems its a browser problem. After trying all things above I still can't access to the file browser properly in Chrome. But if I access the page in Firefox everything works fine. I have cleared all the caches on by Chrome browser and restart my laptop, but still can't get to the file browser in Chrome. For now I am going to work in Firefox. But i will have to figure out how to fix this since my clients will be using more than just Chrome.
    Ramses
    Last edited by rmadou; 12-27-2013 at 01:07 PM.

I have the same problem in Chrome browser does not open the file browsing system in BI 5.3 , but if firefox. You've solved ?, helpme please

I was never able to fix the problem. I found that if you uninstall and reinstall Chrome the problem, sometimes, goes away. Not a great solution for clients.

Hi Guys,

I have found in my case the issue was due to Browser Security settings that prevented the page from loading fully. In the Chrome case the issue was resolved by clicking Shield in the right of the nav bar and loading the unsafe scripts.
    In the FF case it was clicking the top left pad lock.

Cheers
    Dave

This was an issue with (believe it or not) zoom factor....make sure your zoom factor is not on 80% I believe? or was it 120%

Thumbs up yes , it seems to be the exact problem

yes , it seems to be the exact problem thank you

Quote Originally Posted by flamierd View Post
    This was an issue with (believe it or not) zoom factor....make sure your zoom factor is not on 80% I believe? or was it 120%
    yes , it seems to be the exact problem thank you