Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: How to receive emails from multiple mailboxes

Default How to receive emails from multiple mailboxes

Hi Listers,

Can you please guide me on how to receive emails from multiple mailboxes using the Get Mails (POP3/IMAP) job step.
    I have a personal mailbox set up on exchange server and also access to my team mailbox. When I log in using my credentials I am only able to access the folders on my personal mailbox.
    How can I access the team mailbox with my credentials?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Regards,

Victor

Quote Originally Posted by vicoluf View Post
    How can I access the team mailbox with my credentials?
    I didn't try, but forcing JavaMail to use IMAP login by switching off authentication methods PLAIN, NTLM, and GSSAPI, seems to be the way.

How to use Javamail for accessing additional mailboxes -IMAP, Exchange 2010
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Thanks for the suggestion.

What I actually want to do is access shared mailbox using PDI Get Mails job step.
    For the UserName field I have tried the <domain>\<login>\<mailboxalias> syntax but I received "authentication failed" error.
    Without the <mailboxalias> I was able only to access my personal mailbox and not the shared one.

Is this a limitation of the Get Mails step? Is there any workaround?

Sorry for this (maybe lame) questions, but I am fairly now to PDI.

Thanks for any Idea at all.

Regards,

Victor

I have the same issue. Did you ever get this working? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vicoluf View Post
    For the UserName field I have tried the <domain>\<login>\<mailboxalias> syntax but I received "authentication failed" error.
    Without the <mailboxalias> I was able only to access my personal mailbox and not the shared one.
    Seems to be the mailboxalias that's making trouble.
    I successfully use the mail address (shared.mailbox@mail.domain.com) for that part, not the nickname.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Quote Originally Posted by marabu View Post
    Seems to be the mailboxalias that's making trouble.
    I successfully use the mail address (shared.mailbox@mail.domain.com) for that part, not the nickname.
    You mean DOMAIN\USERNAME\shared.mailbox@mail.domain.com as the username? This is not working for me. I can openssl to the exchange server and log in to the specific mailbox without a problem. I can also connect using javamail to the shared mailbox, but keep getting "AUTHENTICATE failed" through the get mails job entry. am about to just write a little jar to do this and call it from a javascript step, but it seems like this should be supported somehow since I'm sure people are pull messages from shared mailboxes. I was hoping to just use one service account that would be granted access to all of the mailboxes we want to pull down messages from. There are certainly workarounds, but just wanted to exhaust options going through kettle first. Thanks.